PDA

View Full Version : DBS quotes

tundra
12-06-2001, 03:39 PM
I have a question regarding the Discount Bridal Service. I had already been in touch with someone at the Discount Bridal service for quotes and when I submitted to BridalQuote I was put in touch with another representative and have found that they have given me two different quotes. One which is quite a bit less than the other! How is this possible, don't they get quotes from the same place? Is one personally giving me a better discount and the other is making profit? Any one have the same experience?

Thanks!

alandenisefields
12-06-2001, 04:20 PM
Good question. DBS reps are independent contractors who are free to set their own prices; hence you can get two slightly different prices when talking to 2 different reps. If you use our BridalQuote service, DBS sends those requests to special reps who aggessively price gowns in order to compete with other 'net discounters. Those 'net DBS reps communicate with customers via email and don't have to meet with customers in person (as other DBS reps do on occasion). Hence their price structure may reflect the difference in costs.

Hope that helps,

Best wishes,
Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BRIDAL BARGAINS * BRIDALGOWN.COM * CYBERBRIDE *

tundra
12-06-2001, 04:36 PM
Thank you so much! I was wondering if that might be the case! It just goes to show how much the dresses really are marked up in retail!!