PDA

View Full Version : How do I find name of dress designer at bridal shop?

lklkc
02-24-2002, 04:39 PM
I found a dress that I love at a bridal shop, but it is a little out of my price range. I was hoping to go to DBS or an online bridal gown company to see if I can get a better price, but I cannot get the bridal shop to tell me who the designer is. (Of course, they've ripped the tags out of their dresses.) Any ideas on how to get this info. out of them? I've looked through every bridal magazine, and cannot find it anywhere. I took a picture of it in the store (secretly) so I could show that to a DBS dealer, but I'm still not sure they would be able to find it. Any suggestions?

Also, I'm looking for Dessy dresses 1953 and 1948, as well as After Six dress a6147. The bridal shop is a little pricey on these dresses. Ideas on where I can find a better price for my bridesmaids?

Thanks.

llkc

gnawbed
04-04-2002, 05:16 PM
Try Netbride for price quote on BM dresses. I got a GREAT deal from them on the After Six dresses I picked out for my BMs. Word of warning about Dessy/After Six though, the dresses came and were cut 3" too big. I'm currently working with Netbride to fix the problem and they are being VERY helpful.

lisarab
04-05-2002, 02:08 PM
Even though stores do not have style names and numbers on tickets, they many times place that in the seams of the sample dress. Also you can look carefully on the Knot.com. I was able to describe the gown, with the price and all and a general discussion of fabric and get the info from Fred at Pearl's Place. He was most helpful there. It is hard at times but be persistant and you will find out. You might all tell the store that you need to know for your mother, sister, friend to help you decide-many times that works.

DBSrep
05-17-2002, 08:52 PM
Hi!

Weddingchannel.com and the knot.com's gown searches are a great place to look for your dress. Also, sometimes stores rip out tags but they forget about the hanger tag or the tag for the train which sometimes carry the designer's name. Why don't you email me ([email protected]) the photo of your dream dress and let me see what I can do?

Also, I can offer you the other dresses you are interested in at 30% off MSRP. Just email me if I can help you with something else. I hope you get your dream dress. Good luck on your wedding!

Cheers,
Oanh