PDA

View Full Version : Pearl's Place

lklkc
03-06-2002, 11:26 AM
I am thinking of ordering a dress from Pearl's Place and am wondering about how reliable they are. Do they deliver when they say they will? What kind of shape is the dress in when it comes? Does it need to be steamed? I assume so. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

llkc

Von
03-27-2002, 02:51 AM
YOu should DEFINITELY checkout www.bridesave.com (Do a search on this board) as I've only read nothing but good comments about them. Heard of a few problems with Pearl's Place.

I ordered mine from bridesave, but won't be receiving it until mid-July. But I have communicated with people who purchased from them and they totally praised their experience!

Good luck!

P.S. a note that you should do some price shopping as most places will meet/beat other quotes.

lisarab
03-28-2002, 04:46 PM
I called BrideSave recently to find out some info for my sister. They did not carry one designer that we were looking for. Then they fumbled around and said they did. I did not find that they were dealers, listed for a number of companies. So, I just went back to Pearl's Place where I have been most pleased for 2 weddings.

NM Bride
04-10-2002, 11:14 AM
>I am thinking of ordering a dress from Pearl's Place and am
>wondering about how reliable they are. Do they deliver when
>they say they will? What kind of shape is the dress in when
>it comes? Does it need to be steamed? I assume so. I
>would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
>
>llkc
I recently ordered my dress from Pearl' Place, i ordered the dress in the middle of March, I was a bit concerned after I had ordered it, and read some terrible reviews about Pearl's Place. I than bombarded Fred with tons of questions and he always answered everything. Elaine was a bit rude on the Phone, but she did answer any question that i sprung on her. I reveived my dress on time as promised, and I am very :) Happy.
Good luck with you purchase

Terp
04-18-2002, 10:19 PM
I had a good impression of Pearl's Place when I spoke to Fred over email. He was very helpful and friendly. In the end I did not order from them because I found the women at Pearl's Place to be rude and unhelpful. Otherwise I have heard wonderful things about Pearl's Place. My experience could just be a fluke.

kisaengyin
05-17-2002, 08:22 PM
I ordered my dress from Pearls. It takes a while for them to get to you on the phone. But...the little extra effort was worth the $600 savings. Just remember the box they send your dress in is the way they receive it in their shop. For the savings I can hang it up myself. I was not disappointed.

nicomor
06-24-2003, 03:40 PM
no, it isn't a fluke. Fred was super quick to respond and super friendly but when I called, the women were very rude. I would have ordered from them as well but I can't stand giving money to people that don't treat their customers right. I ended up paying a couple extra dollars to deal with nice, courteous people.

holdem
07-10-2003, 11:12 AM
I was extremely impressed by Pearl's Place. They were the only dealer for my gown out there that was really listed as a registered vendor. So many places were not totally honest. Fred did reply quickly and I found that the ladies and Jordan at the store were very helpful. They are rushed by so many calls and do not have time to be very "chatty" but you need to understand that they are very busy. I also found that they are totally honest, which is a very rare thing in the bridal business.