PDA

View Full Version : Bridalmarketplace.com Conundrum

fisher76
05-08-2003, 05:05 PM
I need some advice about a strange situation I have found myself in with Bridalmarketplace. I placed an order for my wedding gown with them on March 4th. Since then, I received a confirmation email, and most recently a call around April 10th saying that I can expect my dress in the beginning of June. I have tried calling them all last week to ask them a question about bridesmaids dresses and no one answers--its a voicemail message. Furthermore their website is down so I cannot get on their site either. I am starting to get worried about the status of my dress--am I being hyperparanoid? I saw on the board that they are connected with a bridal shop in South Carolina, but at what point do I go down that road? Help!!!!

SmileyJoyz
07-22-2003, 11:21 AM
I just thought I would add to this by saying that there are currently many girls over on the WeddingChannel.com message boards who have been unable to get ahold of anyone at Bridal Marketplace for quite a few days/weeks. Their website was down for at least 3-4 days and the 1-800 # was disconnected for a time (I'm not sure if it still is). There were also reports that their direct store #'s voice mailbox was full and emails are being returned either not at all or very slowly. Currently there are many people whose dresses are three weeks behind or more...and some have their weddings just around the corner! I don't mean to scare anyone, but I have been hearing enough bad things about them that I think Bridal Marketplace may need to be reevaluated. The specific WC thread that I refer to can be found here:

http://boards.weddingchannel.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=429892

alandenisefields
07-24-2003, 03:46 PM
Yes, it appears the site has shut down.

--
BRIDAL BARGAINS * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE

SmileyJoyz
07-25-2003, 01:52 PM
>Yes, it appears the site has shut down.
>
>--
>BRIDAL BARGAINS * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE

Actually, the site is now back up (with a new online tracking system that is inaccurate), but it seems that the problems are only getting greater. Many brides are still waiting for their dresses with only a few days to go until their weddings....

Shukonda
09-09-2003, 10:43 PM
Hello,

I know I'm a little late on this issue and I'm pretty sure you now know why their system was down because they went out of business. I am wondering if you ever got your dress they were supposed to send you. See, I ordered my flower girls dress from them on July 3. I received an e-mail confirmation stating the dress will be shipped in the middle of July which I thought was very soon, but was happy and it never came. I e-mailed them in the beginning of August and they said that my dress was going to be there in a couple of days. A couple of days went by and no dress. I e-mailed them again on the 19th of August with no reply at all then I attempted to e-mail them again on the 2nd of September and found out they weren't there anymore. They were bought out by some Liquidators which said they will be fulfilling Bridal Marketplaces orders, but I haven't received my dress or a realy reply after e-mailing them about this situation. It is very scarey. Please let me know if you ever got the dress from them. I am now searching for another flower girl dress and I am mad and hurt at the same time.

psychmesu
09-18-2003, 09:42 PM
I found this on the RK Bridal site:

Bridalmarket Place has closed their company. If you placed your order with Bridalmarket Place and would like RK Bridal to assist in getting your order, please call us at 800-929-9512

Hope this helps.