PDA

View Full Version : Don't bother trying to get RK Bridal to match a price quote

nicomor
06-03-2003, 04:41 PM
RK Bridal says that they will beat any quote for a gown by 5%. Their rules are that the quote must be in writing and from an authorized dealer. However, other on-line stores that are authorized dealers refuse to put anything in writing. In fact, RK Bridal refused to put my original quote from them in writing! How can they request something that their store doesn't even do? The rude salesperson told me that they have to know that the shop is reputable which is why it must be in writing. I guess that means that RK Bridal isn't reputable since they won't even give you a quote in writing. Don't bother with this one!

alandenisefields
06-04-2003, 11:14 AM
I hear your frustration on this, but realistically, how can they match a price just based on a verbal quote? I think it should be writing to prevent from folks from just making something up. And I think RK should put their prices in writing.

BUT, many discounters don't give written quotes for fear they will get cut-off from their manufacturers. So it is a catch 22.

--
Alan & Denise Fields, authors
BABY BARGAINS * TODDLER BARGAINS * BRIDAL BARGAINS * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE