PDA

View Full Version : Custom designs for bridal gowns..

Missmiss
07-10-2003, 09:12 PM
Does anyone know of a place that does custom bridal work? There's one that I know of, but I was hopeing to find another one in order to compare prices/customer service, etc. The one I've found says they're able to sew together a dress from pictures; you bring your idea of the perfect gown (even if it's the sleeve on picture A and the skirt on picture B, etc.)and they will create your 'dream' dress. Has anyone had a gown made this way? Is it too expensive or is it worth it? Any thoughts would be apprieciated.

edcinco
08-15-2003, 01:24 PM
Where are you? I'm beginning to look for a dressmaker now too, since I have not been able to find one dress that has everything I want. I'm in San Francisco, and would either get it made here or in LA. Let me know if you're looking in the same places.

kimjerpixie
08-28-2003, 01:02 PM
The cost of a custom gown will depend on many things. If your seamstress is working only from sketches, it will be more expensive than if you brought in a pattern. A good seamstress will also ask what kind of finishing you want. If you want a gown with couture styling, the price will be more because the construction is more complicated.

I am having mine made in North Carolina and after interviewing three seamstresses, it seems the going price for a custom gown with couture styling from a sketch starts at $1500 - minus fabric and embellishments. I got my fabric (silk mikado) and trim wholesale so it is going to end up costing me around $2250.

Good luck!

cavaor
09-06-2003, 01:22 PM
I had my dress custom done by zinniabridal.com
The dress was in custom embroidery colors and a couple of style changes from his "stock" styles. I have received the dress and it is absolutely gorgeous.

berringa
11-19-2003, 12:31 PM
I had two gowns made for me through a designer I saw on eBay. Her seller name is newrenaissanceinteriors
My first dress was an evening gown and it was $400 and my bridal gown was silk satin and was in the end, including fabric and trim and hand beading, $1200. The quality is superb and I am really happy with them. I don't know how that pricing compares to others. I second the whole "measure well" idea - remote fitting can be hard to do, but if you measure well, it can be done. What do you mean by "couture styling"? Does that mean lined and boned and such? Aren't all gowns like that?

BigBird
12-17-2003, 03:01 PM
I'm having my gown made too. I know there is NOTHING out there like what I have in mind. I went to the "professional Custom couture clothiers of maerica" website. Look it up on google. The members who provide services are listed in their respective states. Most all have years of experience in designing costumes for theatre, home interiors and wedding gowns.

I will choose from two designers/dressmakers that have a reasonable fee of $350 and up for the dress. I will purchase all my own fabric and they will also do beading/embroidery. In all, I think I'll spend about 1500, BUT the fabric will be silk and it will be as I wish! Check out their website:)