PDA

View Full Version : gownfind.com?

trackgirl
10-25-2004, 01:53 AM
Got a great price on a Kathryn LaCroix dress from gownfind but can't find any info, testimonials, etc. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with them? Many thanks!

Alissit
12-17-2004, 04:29 PM
>Got a great price on a Kathryn LaCroix dress from gownfind
>but can't find any info, testimonials, etc. Does anyone have
>any knowledge or experience with them? Many thanks!

Hi Trackgirl - I'm looking for the same thing. Did you order off them? The price I was quoted was incredible - but, but, but.. Please let me know what you did.

sdkcpw
01-18-2005, 04:03 PM
They gave me a great price but I can't find anything about them. Did you order from them? And what is your experience? Please please let me know ASAP as I am about to order from them.

Alissit
02-05-2005, 12:22 AM
>They gave me a great price but I can't find anything about
>them. Did you order from them? And what is your experience?
>Please please let me know ASAP as I am about to order from
>them.

I've taken the plunge and ordered off them. It should arrive next week. I'll let you know if it all goes good.

laurenb
02-23-2005, 04:54 PM
I am looking to see if anyone has ordered from gownfind and if so how their experience was. Please get back to me if you can because I was going to order from them ASAP but am a little hesitant.
Thanks!!

laurenb
02-23-2005, 04:56 PM
Alissit, did you get your dress? How was it?

Alissit
02-24-2005, 03:15 PM
>I am looking to see if anyone has ordered from gownfind and
>if so how their experience was. Please get back to me if you
>can because I was going to order from them ASAP but am a
>little hesitant.
>Thanks!!

Ok, I ordered my dress off of them, I couldn't find any one who had before.. but the price was right. I still haven't received the dress, starting to feel a little sick about it... but in their defense, they are in contact with me and they are tracking the shipment.
My Wedding is April 16th - so it HAS to get here soon (however, I only ordered it in January). I've promised to keep a number of people up to date on this... so I'll post as soon as I get it.
However, if everyone could send good thoughts my way... I really need it. Otherwise it might just be a slip I wear down that aisle (the husband-to-be wouldn't mind...)
Crap.. I'm VERY worried... However, if I do get it tomorrow, then it does open up another CHEAP place for everyone... I guess someone had to be the first.

Stay tuned...

laurenb
02-26-2005, 12:42 AM
wow, thanks for the update. I hope it comes soon and everything works out. I have been hesitating a lot because I wasn't sure if the little bit of money was worth the piece of mind...plus I have been hearing good stuff about netbride.com and they will match any price. hmmm. good, luck and let us know how you make out!! I don't know why there is nothing out there from anyone else who has used them! Are we the only ones who heard of this site?

Alissit
03-01-2005, 03:01 PM
DRESS IS HERE.
DRESS IS PERFECT.

Headache was worth it... The dress was new - straight from Alfred Angelo...

So, I guess this is the first testimonial on this place.

It worked for me..

frosty
03-02-2005, 03:39 PM
I just ordered my dress from them today. They were very responsive to my emails, and answered all my questions promptly. The company is located on Long Island (NY), and I am also going to have them do my alterations.

They were highly recommended on a local (LI) wedding message board. The ladies who have used them for both wedding gowns and bridesmaids dresses had lots of positive things to say about them. Plus they have great prices.

Alissit
03-19-2005, 05:56 PM
>I just ordered my dress from them today. They were very
>responsive to my emails, and answered all my questions
>promptly. The company is located on Long Island (NY), and I am
>also going to have them do my alterations.
>
>They were highly recommended on a local (LI) wedding message
>board. The ladies who have used them for both wedding gowns
>and bridesmaids dresses had lots of positive things to say
>about them. Plus they have great prices.

I think because there were no testimonials on the internet until now, we were all scared of possible problems. Living overseas makes me rely on the comments on sites like these. However, now that the word is out and it's positive, perhaps they'll have more overseas business...

drowningmermaid
03-20-2005, 09:19 PM
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
I bet you saved HUNDREDS!

:))!

I will keep them in mind, then.

Alissit
03-24-2005, 04:09 PM
>I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
>I bet you saved HUNDREDS!
>
>:))!
>
>I will keep them in mind, then.

In all seriousness, UK price was £700 (1350.00 US, 1900.00 CAN). Total price to the UK - $450.00 US, with delivery.

Only dodgy part is the UK Postal Service. I curse Royal Mail...
Does anyone know if the other places are matching the prices at Gownfind? It was at least $350.00 US cheaper than any other place on the internet...