PDA

View Full Version : advice on size for maggie sottero gowns

pita1
02-16-2005, 02:32 PM
Go with Maggie's petite gown. My son's fiancee ordered a Maggie gown through House of Brides right before the price increase, and she is 5'4". She had tried on several of the corset back dresses in various sizes to determine which one fit best. She went with the size in keeping with her bust line, as the corset size can be adjusted for the waistline. She got her dress in early January, and it will not need to be hemmed, as she ordered the petite size. It fits her perfectly in the torso too, which is another big consideration, and if you are shortwaisted though on the cusp for ordering petite, definitely consider ordering your Maggie in the petite.

bostonbride_2005
02-16-2005, 07:27 PM
thanks so much for the advice!

jaroger4
05-16-2005, 11:23 AM
I will be wearing the Maggie Sottero Topaz gown for my wedding in July. I am almost the same measurements as you and I am the same height and weight. I suggest you order 4P. That is what I ordered. I did try on several maggie 4s before ordering my gown. The 4P that I ordered fits perfectly and I do not need to have any alterations. Also, you should still have about 2-3 inches in the length to allow for heels. I would suggest that you try a bridal store that carrys Maggie gowns and try on some. I am not sure if Brides Mart is in your area but they carry lots of different sizes in Maggie gowns, not just the normal sample size 10.

ca_dawson
05-17-2005, 01:44 PM
Just out of curiousity, which dress are you getting? I am really leaning towards the "Tiffany" but I cannot find a sample in my area to try on. I can't believe with your measurements that you would need a six or eight! I know wedding dresses run small, but 3 sizes! Where did you see the chart? Just wondering, because I had a bridal consultant tell me that I needed a size 12 (I'm 5'2", Barely tip the scale at 105, and measure 34-24-34) but then I later read complaints from brides from that particular salon that they purposefully order your dress too big so they can make money on alterations! So just be careful for that!

bostonbride_2005
03-21-2006, 05:41 PM
hi,
i am about to order a maggie sottero gown through netbride but want advice on what size i should order. my gown is strapless with a lace-up back,a dropped waist, and A-line skirt. so my bust and hip measurements match the size 6 on the chart but my waist matches the size 8 on the chart. since the dress is lace up i've gotten mixed advice about which size to order. some say go with the 6 since the bodice is lace-up and more traditional people tell me to go with the largest measurement (size 8).
any advice from maggie sottero gown owners out there with similar measurements? i'm 5ft4in tall, weigh 120 pounds and wear a size 2 in street clothing. my measurements are 34-26-36. also...any experience with the petite hem line that maggie sottero offers?
thanks!
[email protected]