PDA

View Full Version : House of Brides.com - anyone have any experience w/them?

caras mom
09-16-2005, 04:38 PM
Their prices are good, but how is their service?

apieanne
10-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the question, you beat me to it. I hope someone out there answers soon. I need to order a dress, and I really want to know what type of service they have. Anyone???

lobstahwedding
10-12-2005, 12:55 PM
I didn't use the website, but being from Chicago I have visited their stores. The one in Oak Lawn was horrible! Absolutely no service. Although I made an appointment, but had to find my own empty dressing room, find all of my own dresses and figure out a way to get into them (thank god I brought a group with me). When I did ask for assistance the salesperson took forever and never brought me anything close to what I was asking for. I ended up ordering from Pearl's Place, but I know is a little scary given the state of things in the Gulf Coast, but they were great when I ordered and from the updates I've recieved, seem to be up and running. Besides, I am happy to put some dollars back into the region. I should be getting my dress in about a month and will update then. Good luck!

caras mom
10-12-2005, 01:56 PM
I ended up buying the gown from BrideSave.com - it was on sale and was then close enough in price to make it worthwhile, plus you can return wedding gowns to Bridesave...just in case...So far I'm very pleased with the service at BrideSave, they were very helpful.

sunsinmyheart
11-02-2005, 02:25 PM
I have searched the net for information regarding this company but it seems that most of the complaints are about their stores in IL and not the website. I checked BBB and although there were a lot of complaints, they were not very specific and seemed to possibly be again directed at the stores. Most people complain about lack of service at the store and shipping date issues.

I called the website and they were very courteous and friendly and answered all my questions. I've also communicated with them via email and again they've been very nice and helpful. I don't know what I'll end up by doing but I think I'd rather choose another website if I can that might match their price, just to be on the safe side. But it seems that so long as you don't want a gown as a rush and allow the 16 weeks they specifically list on the website, and so long as you know exactly what you want and don't need full service salon, they might do just fine. Online is always a little bit of a risk so the sooner you start, the better off you'll be because you have a way to fix things if things go wrong.

In the end, if I choose to get the gown I have in mind at the moment, I probably will go with house of brides if no one is willing to beat their price.