PDA

View Full Version : No Frills Contract- Demetrios

masha12
10-12-2005, 12:54 PM
It never hurts to ask, but I would leave out the part about the online price for the dress.

Another option would be to see if they would throw in alterations for free instead of discounting the price. Unlikely they would do it, but it never hurts to ask.

As for the free storage issue, I bought my gown online (www.netbride.com) and the one think I liked was having the dress in my possession immediately. (A girl I went to college with had to buy a second dress after the bridal store where she bought her dress went into bankruptcy and all merchandise was seized; an apparently not uncommon experience).

Csmith32
11-17-2005, 11:55 AM
I found a dress that I love at demetrios---for $980 (that is WITH a 15% discount!) and was received quotes of $665 from net discounters---I was thrilled, but my mom is scared to order from the internet and also wants the free storage, pressing etc. My question is this: Since the store ONLY sells demetrios do you think that asking for at least a little bit more of a discount (seeing as I can get it $315 cheaper online!) would make them mad? I know the book says that manufacturers/designers are upset with all the internet selling----- since I'm assuming the Demetrios store is owned by the dress company I'm afraid I'd get kicked out of the store for even asking! Thanks!