PDA

View Full Version : alterations

SpeschalK
01-05-2006, 11:15 AM
What's the deal on alterations when you order online? I know I will need some. Has anyone found it difficult or extra expensive to get alterations done outside of a bridal store? I am totally new to all of this.

lobstahwedding
01-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Generally when you purchase a dress online you need to find someone on your own to do alternations. If you don't have a seamstress this can be kind of tricky. Ask around, particularly to people who have been married in your city before, you'd be amazed at what you can come up with! When you order online the company generally sends you a sizing chart. As long as you measure yourself correctly, you should be able to order a dress that fits you appropriately - but it might be worth it to find a seamstress or a knowledgeable friend to help you with the measurements. I have found that alterations are considerably cheaper AND EASIER when they are done outside the bridal shop. If there are any consignment bridal shops in your area or stores that sell samples, I've found that they are also great resource for reasonable - and well qualitied seamstresses! Good luck!