PDA

View Full Version : netbride.com

jamiebelle27
09-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Is anyone familiar with the website netbride.com? They seem like they have good policies and guarantees. They also give quotes and beat anyone's prices or policies.

Wildcata77
09-15-2006, 12:12 PM
I had the BEST experience with NetBride. If you know what gown you like, check to see if one of their authorized vendor's is Rush's Bridal Shop in Minneapolis. If it is, you can feel safe and secure ordering from NetBride. The guest service was better than what I've found at some of the bridal shops here, and they have 2-3 people on staff that specialize in online, so you get people who are aware of what you are talking about.

I ordered a Casablanca dress from them that arrived right when they said, and it is beautiful...exactly what I wanted and a perfect fit. No alterations needed even though I NEVER TRIED ON THE DRESS or even saw it in person before ordering. And it was about $250 less than any FSBS quoted. I cannot wait to wear it...it's the one thing in this wedding that I have no stress over!

jamiebelle27
09-28-2006, 02:09 PM
Thank you so much for your response! Good to know. Has anyone else used this site?

jinjguo
10-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Hi all, I was looking at www.kanacca.com. And some of those dresses are just beautiful!! I already found 3 I really like. I was just wondering if anyone has bought one of these "china dresses" I also sent an email to find out the price of a dress I want made. I can't wait to see what the price would be...I'm just a little weary of the cheap prices and wonder if the work is cheap or the material is cheap as well. I guess for those prices it's a risk but I think it's worth it.
Any help would be great! Are there other companies like this??
Thanks,
Jinjguo

silia
11-13-2006, 02:07 PM
I bought my dress from netbride earlier this year. I priced it through normal bridal stores as averaging $300 plus a rush charge (they all told me I needed a rush order to get it here on time) for a standard Alfred Angelo dress (nothing too fancy). I believe I was ordering it about three months before the wedding (this was about 6 months ago, so I forget exact details). The store also told me that I absolutely had to order it in three days in order to make the cut-off time for the rush order (going so far as to excuse themselves from my dressing room to call the factory to check). This was a reputable store, not a discount one, with good reviews for the area and a large selection of dresses.

Netbride, however, had glowing reviews from many websites I had checked (theknot, weddingchannel, and most people on this message board), so I took a chance. They priced my dress at $100 and gave a much quicker shipping time than the store had (although their website makes it clear that they can't absolutely guarantee anything to be quicker than what is standard). So, I ordered from them and paid for a rush charge of $100 to absolutely positively get it in time. It still came out cheaper than the store, after all.

I nagged netbride a little to ensure that the dress order was placed on time, etc. and got both real phone calls and emails from a customer rep and the person that places their orders to assure me that everything was fine and that the color options meant what I thought they did. The dress came from Netbride in about three weeks. How's that for rushing? And it was perfect. The dress bag that I ordered from netbride was also very good; passing the test of my alteration-ist's review (she's seen a lot) and surviving being hand carried through the airport for a five hour flight and numerous hotel transports as we switched around.

All in all, the transaction was terrific. The dress came lightly packed in a large box with the dress in its plastic wrapper and gently folded into the box (it took up the entire space but was not smashed in any way). All tags were attached, the dress was perfectly new and clean, but of course did require some alterations and a light steaming to remove the creases made during the course of it all. I highly recommend Netbride.

DestinationRenewal
11-20-2006, 12:27 PM
I also recently ordered from them an Alfred Angelo gown. Although my renewal ceremony isn't until July (so I didn't need to rush order it), the process has been seamless thus far! They are really responsive to their emails and price matched with ebridalsuperstore.com for me as well. So all in all, I got the dress for 1/2 the retail price and even my shipping was reduce because they matched the other website's shipping policy as well.

The dress won't be in until March (still plenty of time!), but so far I've been impressed with netbride.com