PDA

View Full Version : bridalonlinestore.com : GREAT Experience

MrsMelanieMorrison
11-09-2007, 03:31 PM
I fell in love with the Maggie Sottero dress Topaz, but it was WAY out of my budget, and apparently came out 3 years ago, so I got all sorts of wierd stories from dress shops. Then I happened to stumble onto the website www.bridalonlinestore.com and they had a replica of it, or at least a dress VERY similar to it for one third of the cost. Instead of paying 1200, I was able to get my dress for 450 (including shipping and taxes and a larger size fee).

I was concerned about my budget and thought I'd have to order a dress from EBAY's China stores, and then I stumbled on their site. If anything, go to the site, b/c they have an EXCELLENT warning, with examples of what could happen, about some of the China stores on EBAY.

PLUS this place shows up on the BBB b/c it's based in Columbus OHIO. That's right, you're dealing with Americans.

I ordered my dress on Tuesday, and I got it on Friday. I took it to my seamstress, and we were both commenting on how great a job they did. The beads where stitched on, NOT glued, the seams and lining where well put together, and there’s even a crinoline underskirt stitched into it with a slip. I gotta tell you, I took a chance (they had a few complaints on the BBB, but I figured that brides are picky, there’s always going to be a percentage with issues…), and I am SO glad I did.

Also, when I called the place to ask questions before I placed my order online, they picked up right away and were incredibly helpful and able to tell me what dresses were in stock for immediate shipment. They ALSO have a return policy that it wonderful!

If anyone wants to email me any questions, or see pics, please feel free to visit my blog and email me from there at www.becomingamorrison.blogspot.com and I’d be happy to call you/email you back, as I AM a real bride look for the cheapest, best deal…and not some weird shop owner posing as a bride (see one of the threads…)

dandykins
01-23-2008, 04:55 PM
...I will definitely check this retailer out.

However, I found this retailer's piece about eBay China dresses a bit general and circumspect. Sure, there are bad eBay dealers that send straight from China--but there ranks of poorly constructed designer-made dresses are certainly well-populated, too. I mean, according to the Bridal Bargains book, Maggie Soterro (though two of my favorite designs are both MS) is notorious for sending dresses that are larger than even MS's own sizing chart. There is certainly enough shoddy workmanship to go around the industry. And it's not unheard of for the eBay retailer and the designer dress to come from the same factory.

What's far more important are experiences with specific designers and specific shops. Knowing what particular eBay retailer did such a terrible job would be really helpful.

ColleenM
01-30-2008, 09:11 PM
Melanie,
I'm taking your advice on the website. I did check it out last night - got through 1/2 their site and was impressed by the up close pics. of the beading. I am counting on this because the price is right and I'm looking for great style, excellent quality and affordability!

deeznuttiest
02-13-2008, 05:54 AM
i am currently looking for my dress as well these days and ive been going back to the bridalonlinestore.com lots of times because their prices are great, but i have to say tonight is the first night i looked deeper. I looked at the better business bureau (bbb.org) and the have 23 complaints in the last 36 months and 11 that were closed just this year. i have to say this worries me alot and although the prices are good i dont think i will be taking this chance.(By the way they are knockoffs, in case it matters). Netbride.com has great prices and they are straight from the designer and so far all ive read are good reviews of them so i think thats where my moneys going. Please be careful with bridalonlinestore, but good luck with that.