PDA

View Full Version : Great dress for 350.00, but dry clean for 450.00 in Houston TX ???

Riocabral
04-21-2004, 11:06 AM
Hi my name is Ana and I love this book, I live in TX my wedding is in Ohio so far I’m planning a wedding from here and saving big bucks on everything!!! After trips to Saks 5th avenue, Vera Wang representatives and High end Retail shops like Louise Blum in Houston …. Fitting into $ 6,000 dresses I said to myself, now that I know what is considered expensive, the mission is to find the best knock off possible, save the money and put it into a great honeymoon place, or into an endless jewelry. Thanks to this book I found my dress for $350.00 at a sample sale of Oleg Cassini in Houston, TX. But I almost got ripped off by the famous dry cleaner CORONET , everyone in the city recommends them, but they are very, very SMART and slick!!! When I called, explained the dress they said it would cost me $300.00 to wash it. My friend said just pay it you saved so much on the dress, so I drove there w/ her and we parked right in front of the pick up area. The lady saw our car… and latter said it was a very expensive dress it would cost us at least $450.00…. WHAT ??? It happened that I had a price tag on my bag and the recite to show her, she didn’t change her price, and said if you drive that car and saved so much on the dress, what would $450.00 be for your big day??? What a silly sales technique… too bad for her business, I took the risk drove down the street to another dry clean owned by honest people and they charged us only $99.00. When I picked the dress up it was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT, they took all the dust marks off, pressed twice and even hanged in a nicer way. I loved so much that I gave then a $20.00 tip and now I do all my dry clean there… There name is RIVER OAKS DRY CLEANERS it’s on the open mall next to Eckerd pharmacy.