PDA

View Full Version : Please put tabs in next edition!

courtney
08-13-2000, 08:51 PM
I love the Baby Bargains Book and have refered to it religiously while deciding what to buy for our first baby, due in October. However, I think putting tabs on the different sections would make it a whole lot easier for quick reference. It can be frustrating when standing in the store, looking up what the "baby bible" has to say on a particular product, and you have to thumb through the whole book searching! I actually took yellow stickies and made tabs myself and it definitely helped.

This is the only think I can think of to make your wonderful book better! Thanks for providing this unbelievably valuable reference.

Courtney

alandenisefields
08-19-2000, 07:24 PM
Thanks for reading our book, BABY BARGAINS! Glad you found it helpful. Good idea---we'll have to look into whether that is possible at a reasonable cost.

alan & denise
authors

jmdangelo
03-29-2001, 01:01 PM
That would be TERRIFIC!!! If tabs are too costly, maybe try color coding some page edges, etc. This book has become our baby "bible" that is dragged to every store, as well!!!

douglasg1999
05-08-2001, 11:23 PM
My wife and I bought small post-it note signature flags to use as tabs in the book. When we see an item that we are interested in buying described in the book, we place a flag there. The flags are of various colors, made by post-it, and are small. This way instead of the book being pretabbed, we tab it for the exact pages that we are interested in.

Nanner
06-20-2001, 07:02 PM
I used small post-it's too. 1/2 of a new package of them. I need post-its for my post-its :) LOVE the book. Don't love that I was up until 4 this morning reading it :D

maura
01-23-2002, 07:52 PM
We used post it tabs too. Color coding the sections would be nice - but we just flipped throught using looking at the upper right hand corner on the right page. The problem with tabs (that are part of the published book) is that they get ripped, bent, torn and dirty looking.

ma2be
01-29-2002, 11:03 AM
Since real tabs would be annoying and expensive, perhaps you could just use different colors to identify each section.

I've personally just used colored postit tabs myself.