PDA

View Full Version : Video Equipment- Another baby essential

ecarley
02-13-2001, 02:03 PM
Every family I know has also purchased a video camera while expecting their first child. We chalked it up to being just one more "Baby Expense." It would be nice if you could comment on them in your next edition (Since the 4th is on the press, I bet you're already working on the 5th!).

I realize recommending specific models is useless, because they change monthly. But what would be nice is an overview of the types available (Digital, Digital 8, High 8, S-VHS) and useful and not-so-useful features (size of screen, color viewfinder, weight, maintenance records, zoom, inputs, accessories). Sony's ability to take digital photos on their memory stick was key for us- we'll be able to email photos like crazy!

I'd also like a list of sources where a video camera can be purchased below retail, whether it be online, mail order, auction, used, garage sale, etc.

Thanks for super books! Read the 3rd edition in one day and I can't wait to get the 4th edition!

alandenisefields
02-13-2001, 11:06 PM
Good idea, but I'd guess that Consumer Reports would do a much better job at that as a monthly mag, as our book only comes out every 2 years---which is light years in tech stuff! But a good point!

alan & denise
authors