PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Any info on ShowerBaby (diaper changing station/sprayer) and is it worth the $$$??

venka
05-31-2001, 10:09 PM
(Hi Denise and Alan... sorry for the crosspost, I didn't see this forum before posting to Around the House)

I stumbled into this website (http://www.babidet.com) a few months ago and have been trying to find opinions about ShowerBaby - formerly called Babidet - on the net, but there is nothing else out there - which leads me to believe that the product is either too new, or badly marketed, or doesn't work well. I'm hoping it's not the latter because it seems like such a great idea.

Basically it's a self-supported changing table that pulls down over the toilet and then folds up against the wall when not in use. There is a sprayer hose that attaches to the bathroom faucet (with a redirect valve for when you want to use the sink), and the water runs down a spout into the toilet. It's not cheap at $239, but they claim big savings on baby wipes and ointment over the course of baby's diapering years. They also claim it's much more hygienic than wipes and wash cloths, and prevents diaper rash. And as the name suggests, you can also give the baby a bath.

I've never seen anything like this, and I'm curious to try one out, but not at that price without any prior consumer reports! Anyone have ANY experience with this system or with this company??? (I'm a first time mom-to-be, if you can't tell)

I'm hoping this will be like one of those dark horse fantastic products discussed in Baby Bargains, i.e. the Swing 'n Meals. What's the chance of reviewing this product in the next edition? (tho I can't wait that long...)

Thanks in advance. By the way, love the book!

-Susan
edd 10/2001

alandenisefields
06-01-2001, 09:23 AM
Thanks Susan. Yes, we'll try to check that out!

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

kreed_2002
08-22-2002, 12:05 AM
Dear Alan & Denise:

There are SO MANY children out there that SUFFER from a common diaper rash problem that I think it would be very helpful for all the parents-to-be if you reviewed ShowerBaby in your next edition. There are a growing number of vendors that offer it (best price we found was on BabysFirstSpa.com) but it is impossible to find an unbiased review of this wonderful in my opinion product - It did wonders for my son Danny!

Sincerely,

:)Kim

sunny2003
01-29-2003, 01:08 PM
Hello - I am a first time poster and mom to be (due in late April) and I wondered if there was any more feedback on the Shower Baby product. It's funny, my hubby joked that when our future kids were messy, we could just "hose 'em down" and this product looks like the answer to his idea! We are interested in learning more about it and if there are any reviews out there. Thanks!

Sandy
01-30-2003, 02:50 AM
Here is a thread that discussed the Showerbaby.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID5/77.html

Sandy
mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

shanesmom
02-12-2003, 02:07 AM
We tried it out at a friend's house, and it would not be something that we would purchase. Our son is nine months old and wriggles about with each changing. He just likes to play with the water, and it seemed slippery and potentially dangerous. Also, who wants to undress their baby with each changing? Not very practical, at least for us.

kreed_2002
02-14-2003, 09:50 AM
You don't really need to undress your baby any more than you would normally do with a regular changing table. Showerbaby does take about a week or two to get familiar and comfortable with just like any other baby gear(stroller, carseat, highchair)...but once you do you would NEVER go back!

:)Kim