PDA

View Full Version : SLINGS!!!

Sadie S
10-04-2001, 01:55 AM
My best baby purchase so far has been my $35 Maya Wrap sling! Why doesn't the book touch on slings? They are becoming more and more mainstream as parents are discovering how wonderful they are. They are so much easier to use than a bulky infant carrier, and so versatile that they can be used into toddlerhood. And what a great price! I get so many moms asking about it when I am out and about, that I have started to carry business cards for the vendor I bought mine from.

I am sad that it took me 8 wks to discover them--if I had only known from the start...

Sadie S

alandenisefields
10-04-2001, 11:41 AM
Hi!

Thanks for using our Message Boards!

Actually, in our fourth edition of Baby Bargains we do include a section on slings and recommend the Maya Wrap Sling (page 375) among others.

We agree that slings are a great alternative. Certainly every baby has a different preference for a carrier and hopefully parents will be able to find more choices than just the front carriers.

Best wishes,

alan and denise fields
authors, BABY BARGAINS

southfla
01-07-2002, 01:33 PM
I couldn't agree more! I LOVE my sling - and so does my baby! He can nurse or sleep in it anywhere. And it is a no-fail way to calm him. I have a Baby Bjorn too, & the sling is SO much easier on my back and shoulders. I have "The Original Baby Sling by Nojo". I think it was only $20 or $25 at Babies R Us. I can't say enough about my sling. If I could only have one piece of baby equipment, this would be it!

Fran
Fran