PDA

View Full Version : Pantyhose, Please!

southfla
01-07-2002, 01:40 PM
I work in an office and had to wear pantyhose everyday, which I came to really dread! The BEST and ONLY comfortable pantyhose I could find were Berkshire. I first found them in a tiny, private maternity shop. The ones available in chain maternity shops were awful; and, I couldn't find ANY maternity pantyhose in department or discount stores. Bershire is available online at their website: http://www.eberkshire.com/cgi-bin/exec/store?sid=820953312783&referrer=&page=maternity.html

They cost about $9/pair, but are SO worth every cent!

Fran

laura_winckler
04-04-2002, 09:04 PM
Did you consider thigh highs? That's what I use when I'm pregnant; they're cheaper, and as comfortable as pantyhose gets.

TaraNY
04-05-2002, 03:02 PM
Berkshire makes pretty good maternity hose and I've purchased them at Neiman Marcus.

However, my favorite was Hue...the only place I found this brand was at Pea in a Pod.

ywolf
01-27-2003, 12:43 PM
I by hipsters pantyhose in the grocery store. Cheap and don't run easily. It is meant for wearing with low hipped clothing but it's great because it goes below the belly.

sntm
01-27-2003, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the rec! I bought some Belly Basics hose Saturday to wear with a dress and the d@#$ things rolled down off my belly every time I moved! And I'm only 5 months and was completly within the height/weight chart for that size! Those things were about $9 too. I'm wondering if the boutique would take them back.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

August Mom
01-27-2003, 05:45 PM
I wore the tights from Motherhood Maternity all the time -- they were so comfortable and didn't run. Perhaps you could include a separate paragraph on tights for those pregnant when it's cool outside.

mt00026
01-28-2003, 01:43 PM
Just wanted to second the reccomendation for the hue pantyhose from pea in the pod. I just purchased some new ones two weeks ago for a function we attended last weekend. They have redesigned the waistband and it is now much more comfortable. I wore them for about five hours last saturday with no real discomfort (except for the usual pantyhose issues) and I am 9 month 3 weeks.

Michelle
EDD 1/31/03