PDA

View Full Version : Glider tables

cosmo
02-06-2002, 04:17 PM
For the life of me I can't understand why there is little to no information (or products for that matter) on glider tables. The only one I have been able to find is by Morgeau and it is outrageously expensive.

I've posted on the message boards and got no responses, so I am assuming that this isn't a product that companies make. But I can't understand why since gliders seem to be all the rage.

A standard night table seems a little too big and bulky to sit next to the glider, but you do need a place to sit a bottle, a glass of water and/or a book.

Am I just looking in the wrong place???

Samantha

suzska
02-06-2002, 11:15 PM
For now I just use one of those cheap wood tables that run around $10 and take a 70" round tablecloth. I also have the glass piece on top. Mainly I use that because that's what I had in the house. Once my son starts moving around the room more, I will have to get something else because it isn't very stable. But it was great when he was a newborn and we were still feeding him in the rocker. There was enough room for the stuff you mentioned, plus a lamp and the bottle warmer.

On an episode of "Designing for the Sexes" on HGTV the other day they did a nursery. For the table next to the chair they used something that was a little larger than a low-round stool (for lack of a better way to describe it). It looked a bit more solid than what I've been using. But I'll probably end up getting some sort of sturdy night table or dresser that my son can use later.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01