PDA

View Full Version : Leasing Maternity Clothes

StantonHyde
06-12-2002, 10:27 PM
Under your "where to find maternity clothes" section,you should include info on leasing maternity clothes. For people like me who needed "corporate" suits and really didn't want to pay $300-400 for Pea in the Pod suits, leasing is great. I have leased from Professional Expectations and worked with Classic Maternity as well. I bought two suits (previously leased) from Professional Expectations--one in navy and the other in black for $100 each. They are great--the cornerstone of my work wardrobe and I can wear them in any season. I am leasing two summer jackets to add versatility--the lease term is $50 for 6 weeks--even at $100 or $150 for a full lease term, this is much cheaper than buying. Especially since I can't count on having my second child during the same season. And, if you get tired of something, you can return and lease something else!! This has been a great option for me. Friends tell me that in New York City, there is a large maternity leasing industry (right down there with the bridal shops) especially for all of the Wall Street folks. I am leasing "by mail" instead of in person and am very satisfied with it. There are other leasing sites--I just went to dogpile and entered maternity+leasing.

alandenisefields
06-27-2002, 10:21 AM
Boy we wish there more options like that nationwide! We'll look into what "leasing" options there are---good suggestion!

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS