PDA

View Full Version : Window Treatments

mellivesay
07-01-2002, 10:38 AM
Denise & Alan,
Thank you so much for your advice, web site, and valuable help. I have an 8 month old and saved many pennies with your help. I do have two suggestions though in areas where I wasted money. I am in the process of purchasing a second set of window treatments for my infant's room. I bought darkening roller shades from JcPenney the first time, and now I am researching BLOCKOUT shades. I had no idea that sleep can be such an issue for little ones. I thought that they all "sleep like babies." Anyway, right now I have black trash bags up on the windows and am looking for more light control.

From the research I have done I found that to get the most light control the shades must be mounted on the WALL with 4 inches extra material around all sides. Also, there is a big difference between room darkening and blockout shades.

This may be an idea for your next addition. Most of my friends agree that light control is a big issue, especially around day-light savings time. I will list my next suggestion under a different posting. THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYTHING!!!

alandenisefields
07-01-2002, 11:11 AM
Mel,

Thanks for using our message boards and our Baby Bargains book. We appreciate your support!

We'll keep this issue in mind when we next revise the book. We use Hunter Douglas room darkening pleated shades. They've always worked well for us, but we simpathize with you about your problems. We run into this issue when we travel!

Let us know what solution you come up with and we'll pass it along to our other readers.

Best wishes,

alan and denise fields
authors, BABY BARGAINS