PDA

View Full Version : Wooden swing sets

Lucasnona
10-08-2002, 09:50 PM
Just wanted to make you aware of a really nice wooden swing set company called Cedars Works located in Rockport Maine. I wish I had bought this swing set for my kids 20 years ago instead I bought a Child Life swing set which rotted out before my 2nd child could use it. Child Life claims a 25 year warranty. I don't think so! They told me it rotted because it was set on grass and wouldn't warranty a thing. (As you can tell I don't recommend Child Life swing sets.) My grandson is 7 months old and twins are on the way. My grandchildren are getting a Cedar Works set for sure. I know I will get my money's worth from Cedar Works.
www.cedarworks.com

Keep up the good work,

AngelaS
01-31-2003, 09:09 AM
My inlaws bought it for my dds and I LOVE it! It was worth the almost $2000 they spent and the additinal $500 I spent!

Dh put it all together in a weekend. It was SO easy! And my dd was 15 months at the time and she could EASILY climb all the way up on the inside stairs and go down the slide. She's never fallen and has never had a splinter!

We did have to stain it tho. Apparently white cedar is prone to mildew. So after the first summer we had to do a bleach water wash and then put on a good sealer. It looks AWESOME 5 years later tho and we (and dd!) LOVE it!