PDA

View Full Version : Select Old Navy and Gap locations are selling maternity clothing

Jen841
03-11-2003, 11:41 AM
We are lucky in Chicago. Both downtown locations are now selling their maternity line which allows you to try things on before purchasing them. Prior to now I was returning more by mail than keeping.

Good thing for those that do purchase on-line, always buy the minimum for the free shipping, and then make returns at a local store. They never charge you for the shipping.

I have had great luck with the items I have purchased from both stores.

kapow
03-11-2003, 12:05 PM
I think it's great they have maternity in the stores. I never would have figured out maternity sizing were it not for Old Navy. Plus they had a ton of maternity stuff in their big clearance sale. I did alot of comparison shopping online and in stores, and except for special events, I'm perfectly happy to wear these two brands exclusively throughout my maternity.

Also, for Chicago moms and moms-to-be, there is a nice consignment shop on Armitage called "The Second Child." They have mostly clothing for children, but they do have two full racks of maternity clothing, priced nicely - around $10 for a pair of black pants. Can't beat that!

DDowning
03-11-2003, 01:18 PM
The Old Navy located in Mission Viejo is also selling maternity merchandise as well.

daisymommy
04-22-2003, 09:50 AM
The Potomac Mills Outlet mall here in Woodbridge VA has a maternity section too now. I am so jealous! I was so limited in affordable maternity clothing with DS, I wish I was able to have those cute styles!

LD92599
04-23-2003, 05:31 PM
The Gap Outlet in Woodbury Commons (Central Valley, NY) also now has a large maternity section.

Laura
mom to William 3.5.2003

divabell
04-24-2003, 10:20 PM
I just checked out a couple Boston area stores for these items the other day (Gap at South Shore Plaza and Old Navy in Dedham--Old Navy also has other locations that might be drivable from the Boston area).

I was quite disappointed in the Gap selection. It was quite small and picked over, and the items were mostly in black and white only and VERY basic. It was nice to check out the sizes in person, though.

Old Navy had better selection, from tops to pants, shorts, skirts and dresses. I hadn't seen their stuff IRL and thought the quality seemed generally good (the tops maybe weren't quite as substantial as the Gap ones). They also had a decently stocked clearance rack. The Old Navy web site does say that selection varies at the stores, FYI. So for both places I'd say if you're lucky enough to live near a store selling maternity, it's nice, especially to check out sizing, but the web site still has much more options available.

--Lori R.
EDD 12/2/03