PDA

View Full Version : More for Multiples

jnr1016
03-13-2003, 12:57 PM
Love the books -- started with the wedding ones and then, went to the baby ones. They've been my bible and I've given copies as gifts frequently. BUT! You need more for multipes! It's easy to find info for singletons and hard for parents having more than one and we have many unique obstacles -- space, money, etc. I'm the mom of 6 month old triplets and the editor of a high-order multiples support magazine. Moms are constantly asking us what do you really need 3 or 4 or 5 of? Items that are practical for singletons are not practical for us. Am I really going to have 3 swings? Nope -- can't afford and no room! But I own collectively, probably 6 bouncers -- 2 in the kitchen to feed, 3 for play in the living room and 1 at my mother's house. One idea from the last issue -- you suggested crib tents for those of us with concerns about pets getting in cribs with sleeping babies (and not wanting to shut the nursery door completely). Well, when you have 3 babies, 3 cribs, 3 crib tents at $90 a whack is toooo much money. We installed a screen door on the nursery instead -- keeps the cats out and still allows ventilation -- which I believe was also suggested by your book.

I know that you had a page dedicated to multiples in the last issue -- we need more. Perhaps even a new version just for us. Although your audience would be smaller, families in our situation are starved for all types of info because we are not the norm. I think multiples families would be willing to pay double, triple maybe, for a good source of information, which could make up for the fact that there are fewer of us around. If you ever took this suggestion seriously, our organization could certainly provide lots of information as well as put you in touch with other support groups.

Thanks again for all your great ideas over the years --
Renee

alandenisefields
03-14-2003, 01:40 PM
Hi Renee: Thanks for reading our books, BABY BARGAINS! Glad you found them helpful. And thanks for reading our wedding book as well.

Yep, we'd love to expand that section of the book. Good suggestions. I think you are right---its hard to exprapolate what parents of multiples need from singleton recommendations. Email us with info on your publication and we'll see if we can do more on this topic,

--
Alan & Denise Fields, authors
BABY BARGAINS

August Mom
03-14-2003, 02:43 PM
If you someday expand this concept to an entire new book, you might be able to divide it into 2 main parts -- one for multiples of the same age and one for integrating the second child into the household. There seem to be a lot of discussions on the boards about this topic (i.e. dealing with a toddler and a new baby or having 2 babies spaced closely together). This section could deal with whether you need 2 cribs or a toddler bed and a crib or a twin bed and a crib, a stroller for 2, 2 highchairs, etc.

Cindder
03-20-2003, 05:28 PM
I too love your books, and would like to add that a section on multiple births would be a huge blessing! I currently have a 1 year old and Iam expecting twins in May. I find the whole buying process overwhelming, even though I went through it with one.

Thanks!

Deanne