PDA

View Full Version : More for adoptive parents

icunurse
03-14-2003, 05:14 PM
My husband and I are currently in the process of adopting an infant. While I have found much of the information in the book to be quite useful (especially what's safe and what we'll need first), it's difficult to plan for a baby when you don't know when he/she will arrive. It's frustrating that many stores will only keep a registry open for 6 months "after the due date" or that most baby books have a section about feelings during the pregnancy, etc. It would be great if some information reviewing "adoption-friendly" baby books and registries was included. Thanks for the service that you are providing and keep up the great work!

Freeman1204
07-11-2003, 10:56 AM
I just wanted to say that my husband and I are in the process of adopting as well. I've found these boards to be extremely helpful...knowing what to skip as it is likely our little girl or boy from S. Korea will nearly be over the weight limit for some items or others, etc.

Just letting you know that there is another adoptive mom to be out here.

~Michelle
(Michigan)

momentofclarity
08-14-2003, 03:14 PM
I'll triple that! And when you're thinking about the needs of adoptive parents, remember that not every adoptive parent is taking a newborn home from the hospital. Whether you're adopting internationally or through your state system, you're likely to adopt an older baby (if not an older child). So it would be GREAT to have more info & charts about what items to skip if you're not getting a newborn.

--Lucy