PDA

View Full Version : DENISE AND ALAN...WANTED TO SHARE THIS THREAD WITH YOU

mama2be
04-10-2003, 04:06 PM
...don't be mad at us...BUT....

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID52/3.html

Edited to say I'm sure we can get used to it...but just some great thoughts here...

As always thank you all for your great books and this fantastic board...there is no board out there that can even compare!!!

mamahill
04-10-2003, 05:03 PM
Maybe diapers should have it's own forum? I was one of the people who converted to cloth after reading so many of the posts, and I am so glad I did!

Also, this board is by far my favorite place to "hang out" online. I have met WONDERFUL friends here. Thank you Alan and Denise! Now I'm just waiting for Ainsleigh to get a little older to invest in Toddler Bargains. In the meantime, I have either bought or recommended it (who have immediately gone out and bought it) to at least 7 friends who I can think of right now. I looooooove your books!

JustMare
04-10-2003, 09:38 PM
Sorry for any problems I may have caused.

I've sent the Fields an email suggesting they create a "diapering" forum.

Just felt the layette section was getting crowded. I will keep my big mouth shut from now on!

Again, I'm sorry.

twins r fun
04-10-2003, 10:24 PM
I had pretty much stopped reading the reality layette forum because it was all about cloth diapers so I think it would be nice to have it separated. BUT I think a general diaper forum would achieve this purpose just as well and not seclude the CDers.

Nicole

mamahill
04-10-2003, 11:31 PM
No worries! You planted the seed, and that is GREAT! Way to think OUTSIDE the box :)!

zen_bliss
04-11-2003, 03:43 AM
another vote for an all-inclusive 'diapering' forum. we never knew that disposables and cloth would be better together until the test run!

diapering is the Big Topic all first timers are a bit intimidated to tackle. we all need to trade diaper rash tips, and 'is what i found in the diaper normal' tales. and it's great exposure to earth-friendly options for those who have never considered cloth diapering to see that it isn't leaky glorified cotton napkins and safety pins anymore!

let Layette mean clothing, and dipes mean dipes! Darling Bottoms or somesuch. Please!

parkersmama
04-11-2003, 07:26 AM
You're right, the Layette area was getting overrun with CD posts! Don't worry...no one is offended! I do agree with everyone that having a diapering forum that addresses cloth, disposables, creams, rashes, etc. would work out best. That way we all have an opportunity to compare what's out there. Lots of the CD users are still using some disposables, too, so that's still a topic of interest for us! :-) Thanks!

mama2be
04-11-2003, 09:59 AM
Mare,

We are all in this together...please, please, please don't feel bad...like I posted in my previous response I too thought that CDing would be great in it's own forum. It was not till we got one that that we scratched our heads and realized that by it not being in its own forum is how most of us started CDing.

You best keep that mouth open like the rest of us!!!! :)...

Hugs girlie and chin up!!!...I think a good thing will come out of this...a Baby Butt forum of some sort!!!

alandenisefields
04-11-2003, 12:43 PM
Hi folks! Whoa, didn't mean to start a major armed conflict here! We'll have to call Colin Powell to see if he can smooth things out.

We agreed with a reader's suggestion to create a separate cloth diaper board for that topic, as it was overtaking the discussion on that board. We agree that maybe another separate board for "general diapering" issues (including disposables) would be wise, as the layette (clothing) is really its own topic.

Why did the cloth diaper forum appear at the bottom of the list? Was it some dark plot to slight cloth diapering moms? No, when we add a forum, it goes to the bottom of the list. NOW, there is a function to re-order the forums in our admin panel---but it isn't working, so we'll have to do something to fix it. We WANT to move the cloth diaper forum NEXT to the old Reality Layette/Diaper forum and hope to do that soon!

Hope that helps,
--
Alan & Denise Fields, authors
BABY BARGAINS * TODDLER BARGAINS * BRIDAL BARGAINS * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE
Web: www.windsorpeak.com.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 303-442-8792
Address: Windsor Peak Press, 436 Pine Street, Boulder, CO 80302

--
The readers speak! Check out our new message boards for our books at:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi

--
Have you seen our new book, TODDLER BARGAINS? It's brand new! For details, click here: http://www.toddlerbargains.com

stillplayswithbarbies
04-11-2003, 02:44 PM
I don't think that moving it up is as important as changing it to be a general diapering forum. Why just cloth?

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

mama2be
04-11-2003, 03:06 PM
can't say anyone ever thought it was some "dark plot to slight the cloth diapering moms" I never got a hint of such an attitude amoungst the posters here...not a hint of it!!!...anymore than any other suggestions would think it was a plot you didn't cover their stroller brand, swing etc...

I think the feedback that was given was very pro us all working and suggesting together ways that we can continue to share our experiences and learn from eachother.