PDA

View Full Version : New forum to suggest--Our own version of Ebay???

daisymommy
04-22-2003, 09:48 AM
This may be a really bad idea, for reasons I have yet to think of (if so, please let me know!). What if there was a way to sell used baby items that we no longer use, or thought we would love--but didn't. We could advertise our item (like on Ebay), and buyers & sellers could work out payment arrangements between them. Yes, there is no safety net for dishonesty--but then again I think we all trust each other here. I would rather sell a good bargain to you ladies here first, than a stranger. What does everyone think? Denise and Allan?

brubeck
04-22-2003, 10:08 AM
I think this was also suggested in my coupon exchange idea. Denise and Alan haven't had time to respond to that one yet. I guess they're too busy moving the diaper forums around. :-)

egoldber
04-22-2003, 11:34 AM
I also think this is a good idea. ParentsPlace has a similar service with their Flea Market board. I would much rather deal with folks here than go through eBay!

Momof3Labs
04-22-2003, 11:54 AM
I posted in the coupon exchange thread, but will post again that I think that this is a great idea! Parents Place is fine, but I hate the pop-up ads, and I don't really know anyone there. I'd much rather deal with everyone here!

blnony
04-23-2003, 06:47 PM
I too think this is a great idea. Much like a Flea Market forum. I have a lot of things I would like to sell, or trade, but am somewhat put off with the process of Ebay.
Thanks for listening Alan and Denise.

zen_bliss
04-24-2003, 03:19 AM
another vote for this! i feel very comfortable trading with the members of this community! a sale/swap board though, not a bidding situation.

with just a few parameters -- buyers make offers/negotiate details directly through email, not by posting on the board; sellers post promptly when an item is sold... kind of like StrollerSwap but with a much better format!

the best community listing place i've seen so far to emulate is the diaperpin board. the thing that ruins other for sale boards (at parentsplace, ivillage, etc) is how they got junked up with 'look at my eBay auction' ads and extended threads of 'is this still available?' and of course, those execrable popups and popunders...

this would be so cool!