PDA

View Full Version : Land of Nod Outlet

Jen841
05-01-2003, 10:47 AM
Monday-Saturday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm and is located at:

1120 B Larkin Dr

Wheeling, IL 60062

847-459-9900 ext 720

This location is off of Wolf Rd between Palatine Exp and Hintz, west of the Palwaukee Airport. Please call for further instructions.

Momof3Labs
05-01-2003, 01:07 PM
Man, if I had known about this place last year I could have gotten in some big trouble... For my entire pregnancy, I worked about 10 minutes from this place but didn't know that it existed!

My office has since moved into the city, but next time I make it down there, will have to try and remember to stop here!

Jen841
05-09-2003, 03:49 PM
It is in the back of a building near in an industrial park. It is not well marked, but it was FULL of stuff!

This would be a great place to go when you are first starting to decorate a nursery, especially if you have seen items in the store you want. If you bring a little one be warned it is hard to manuver a stroller in there due to tight corners and narrow aisles.

You don't walk out thinking "wow, their stuff was cheap" but if you have been to the store you know that they have some great bargains ($59 lamp for $30.) Some items (wall hooks $9 and canvas bags $11) were the same price as the store, or more. Other items were customer returns and maybe overstocks. They had bumpers and quilts from $15-$50 (?). They also has a large number of scratch and dent furniture for 50% (or more) off. A number scratches were barely noticable. They had new daybeds for $275 which I thought was a great price. They had some toys, but it was mostly room accessories (lamps, bedding,...)

I am sure the stock changes over quickly. The woman working at the store was a bit on the high pressure side, "Someone was just in here thinking of buying that, do you want me to ring it up for you?" It is not a nice neat place, it is a warehouse outlet so don't expect anything fancy and be prepared to dig around on the tables, in the boxes and on the shelves.

I am glad we went. If there is something in the store I really want I would make the trip to the outlet to get it for less. Unfortunately we just finished our nursery selection prior to my ever learning about Land of Nod.

Happy Bargain Shopping!

cvharris
06-07-2003, 07:01 AM
This place is awesome!

I practically furnished my whole nursery at this place...crib, rug, bedding, toy box, wall art, etc. There are awesome deals. And I really like the woman who works there. If you are looking for something, she will call you when it comes in. I had to go three separate times to get everything I wanted, but it was worth it.

You can see pics of my nursery at:
http://www.chrisandcarolee.com/Nursery.asp

sweetbasil
06-09-2003, 11:36 PM
Wow, Carolee...the nursery looks awesome! What a makeover, from unfinished to its nursery-rhyme beautiful state now. Ben is gonna love it! Thanks for sharing the pics....