PDA

View Full Version : Denise and Allen!!!

mama2be
06-14-2003, 03:45 PM
Howdy!!!

I just noticed to my suprise that I had put my last name on my user profile and the city I live in. Since I'm not technically savy I wasn't too suprised to find that I did this...but was very suprised to find that most of my BBB Best friends had done this also. And there beside this info are the pictures of our lovely children.

I just wanted to bring this to your attention incase you could make the profiles where one might be prompted to not put their last name. Because it is so easy to just whip out that info on the keyboard and not think about it again...and then to later note our babies pics are right beside the info.

Maybe a prompt to actually encourage folks not to do it. I don't know just a thought...for those that want to continue and put it on they would still have that "right" but a prompt might catch some of us from doing it...

As always thanks so much for great books and these boards!!!
Hugs,
Neve

22tango
06-15-2003, 09:04 AM
Neve! You (or anyone else) can go to "User Menu" -> "Edit your profile" from the main BBB screen, and change that info!!

mama2be
06-15-2003, 10:49 AM
Alice I know and I have:)...but I email back and forth with about 40 of the moms in this group and almost all of us gave our last name and almost all of us can't beleive we did...and then you fctor in that months later we all put up pics of our babies and now our last name and town's are on our profiles. So we have changed them...but I thought maybe the web master can do something that maybe doesn't even prompt the last name or jsut puts up a red flag for those wanting to share their last name...

So I'm just SUGGESTING for new registers (users) that maybe they are not asked for "last name"...that's all...

alandenisefields
06-18-2003, 11:19 AM
Good suggestion. We will pass that along to the folks who wrote the message board script. FYI: We are using an off-the-shelf software program by DC Scripts to run these boards, so we don't have the power to go in and modify/hack the code to put in such a warning.

Yet, we are sensitive to the privacy concerns so we'll see if they can do that for a future version! Meanwhile, we do suggest all users modify their user profile (see comments above) if making that info public bothers them!

Thanks again,
--
Alan & Denise Fields

alkagift
07-25-2003, 04:57 PM
Neve,
Thank you, thank you...this never occurred to me! I've gone in and changed mine!

Allison
Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03