PDA

View Full Version : Blame Canada...

KimberleyDawn
08-01-2003, 12:02 PM
Can we maybe change that forum name? I know I'm probably the only one on this board that is bothered by it but I had to let you. I actually say to myself "I hate that forum name" whenever I see it. The name just doesn't seem Canadian friendly to me.
Kim

brubeck
08-01-2003, 12:28 PM
As a Canadian (albeit one living in the US) I too have also thought it was strange. However somehow I am more offended to people referring to Canada as 'the Great White North'. I don't know why. I guess it's the image that there's always snow everywhere all the time. :-)

I do think tha name for the forum could be better.

trumansmom
08-01-2003, 01:47 PM
That's funny - as a non-Canadian, I was recently thinking about this. It's a reference to a song in the South Park movie that came out about 4 years ago. I was just thinking that it's kind of dated and I bet a lot of folks don't get the reference. It's due for a change.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

KathyO
08-01-2003, 02:18 PM
I guess you have to have seen the movie - I loved it, and I particularly loved the song, so I really like the forum name, myself. ("When Canada is dead and gone, there'll be no more Celine Dion!!")

But if the joke is not appealing to the majority of readers, then perhaps a change is called for. We could have another informal "naming contest", as we did with "Baby Butts"...

Cheers, eh?

KathyO

trumansmom
08-01-2003, 02:47 PM
Okay, good. I was embarrassed to admit that I loved the movie as well!

And I love the idea of a naming contest.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

KimberleyDawn
08-01-2003, 04:56 PM
I NOW know it's from the movie but I didn't at first and then a friend clued me in! It's time for a change! I think a renaming contest would be great so how do we get Denise and Alan to agree to that?
Kim

alandenisefields
08-07-2003, 11:20 AM
We are willing to change the name----let's do have a contest to see what our fellow Canucks think wold be a good name! Post your suggestions to the thread in the Blame Canada forum.

--
Alan & Denise Fields, authors
BABY BARGAINS * TODDLER BARGAINS * BRIDAL BARGAINS * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE