PDA

View Full Version : a couple things I miss

mam615
08-27-2003, 06:55 PM
Alan and Denise,
Thanks for working so hard to improve these boards, and for creating and maintaining these boards in the first place. I've just now seen the new format for the first time, and I'd just like to make a couple of comments on the changes.

First off -- the text is really small. Changing the size on my browser doesn't help. It looks like there was a post about this earlier, and that the text size was increased. But to me it still looks pretty small.

A couple other things I miss... I really liked seeing the first few words of a post under the headline in the topic listing. Sometimes the headlines are misleading or not quite informative enough. I'd love to have that back.

I also miss seeing who was the last person to reply to a post, and when (or maybe the when is actually still there).

As always, thanks for listening!

COElizabeth
08-27-2003, 07:40 PM
Except for the text size, I think you can get all those things if you use the DCF view, collapsed topics, threaded mode. I think I got that right. Rachel S. suggested that way, and it really does look a lot like the old version in the ways you mention.

Elizabeth

mam615
08-27-2003, 08:50 PM
Yay! Thank you Elizabeth! Now, I need to fix my signature. I think I saw a post about this.

JElaineB
08-27-2003, 10:50 PM
Something I miss...seeing the time of a post in Mountain Time (MDT or MST) instead of GMT. It is a little weird to see posts for "tomorrow" already! I think most board readers are in the US or Canada, so I would guess a US/Canadian time zone would be better for most people... Is there a way I can change this or is this a global setting?

Edited to add: Never mind, I just found it and fixed it, yea! Too many cool new features!!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02