PDA

View Full Version : Getting traffic onto the Toddler board

egoldber
08-27-2003, 08:14 PM
The Toddler board just never seems to get the traffic that these boards do, so most folks (even those with toddlers) end up here to get answers. Personally, I think part of it is that the Toddler board is arranged a little oddly AND there is no Lounge over there.

Since you're rearranging boards anyway, have you had any thoughts about what to do to make that board more popular?

trumansmom
08-27-2003, 10:46 PM
You're not going to believe this, but I just came online to suggest the same thing! As DS gets older, there are often things I think about asking, but they don't really seem appropriate over here. And posts over there rarely get responses.

Thanks for bringing it up, Beth!
Jeanne\r\nMom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

mom2kandj
08-28-2003, 03:43 AM
A tree falls in the Toddler board...ooops! I meant forest....

My kids are older than the itty bitty babies on the Baby board, but it is so lonely over there in Toddlerland! So, I hang out with the little ones and get great ideas for baby gifts for friends!

Rose
mom 2 katie (33 months)
& Jack (16 months)

flagger
08-28-2003, 03:02 PM
Just a thought here Alan and Denise, it might draw traffic if you parked links to the different boards in the page headers. Maybe under the strip for The Books, What's New? etc.

If I don't see it, I don't think about visiting the other boards. Going back to the Top works, but might draw more traffic if it was top of mind or in this case, top of the page.

Karenn
09-02-2003, 10:33 AM
I always forget to visit the Toddler board even though I want to read what's over there. One thing that has helped is that I have started using the "read new" button at the top of the page. It pulls up new threads on all of the boards, including Baby 411 so I don't have to wade through a bunch of empty forums just to find the new posts. One drawback is that you can't see the start of each post, (only the subject line) but I'm finally remembering to visit the other boards on a more regular basis!

I just thought I'd throw that out there for other people like me who want to read the toddler board, but keep forgetting. :)

emmiem
09-02-2003, 01:39 PM
Just like Karenn, I always use the "read new" button. I have a 30 month old so we are definitely in Toddler Land. I post and answer questions on the Toddler Board all the time. I just think new parents of infants ask more questions. There is more uncertainty on feeding, more new things to buy, and more decisions to make.

lukkykatt
09-07-2003, 01:37 PM
Since I have been one to say that there is no traffic on the Toddler boards, I have been trying to get better about looking there more often now. I am wondering what happened to the old posts that were made before the boards got re-vamped? Is it just me, because I can't see them now.

lukkykatt
09-07-2003, 05:19 PM
Never mind - now they're back! That was weird. Did that happen to anyone else?

alandenisefields
09-07-2003, 08:05 PM
Well, that's a good idea! We'll have to have our code jockeys work on that!

--
Alan & Denise Fields, authors
BABY BARGAINS * BABY 411 * TODDLER BARGAINS * BRIDAL BARGAINS * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE