PDA

View Full Version : topic subscriptions

jfolker
09-16-2003, 09:29 AM
With the new message board format, I no longer get e-mails when I subscribe to a topic. I checked all the e-mail boxes in the user preferences area, and can't figure out what else to do. I also double checked that my email address was correct. Can anyone help me out?

thanks,
Jim (Dad to Nathan 12/20/02)

khakismom
09-16-2003, 01:58 PM
I hope you get an answer because this is happening to me too!

KMommie
09-24-2003, 05:38 AM
I just noticed this is happening to me too!

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

jfolker
09-24-2003, 04:51 PM
I emailed the webmaster about this, and we ended up figuring out that the anti-spam software on the server at my office (where I'd wanted the e-mails to go) has been intercepting the emails. We figured it out by changing the email address on my account to another address (a yahoo address instead of my office address, and the emails went to the Yahoo address just fine). I don't know why I used to get the subscription emails on my office email before the forum changed format, but at least we figured out the problem.

Hope this info. helps,
Jim (Dad to Nathan 12/20/02)

KMommie
09-25-2003, 08:17 PM
Thanks Jim! I was wondering why this was happening to me. Hmmm, I'll have to ask my DH how to fix this at home.

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

alandenisefields
09-25-2003, 09:21 PM
Yes, that seems to be the work-around.

First, change your email address to another account (especially if you use a work email address)---try a "personal" address from Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. Why do corporate email addresses not work? That's because many companies use spam filters that for some reason tag the topic subscription notices as spam. (No, we don't send you spam, but some filters THINK the message is spam based on the subject line, etc. Also: our web site's IP address has been erroneously tagged as a spammer domain because we send out newsletters for readers who subscribe. Again, it's not spam, but some automated software THINKS we are sending spam, etc.)

Second solution: email us and we'll unsubscribe your account. Then you can re-register with the same user name/password, etc. That might "re-boot" your account and get it rolling again.

Let us know,
--
Alan & Denise Fields, authors
BABY BARGAINS * BABY 411 * TODDLER BARGAINS * BRIDAL BARGAINS * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE
m