PDA

View Full Version : question on message appearance

s_gosney
10-20-2003, 11:53 PM
I've noticed that sometimes certain threads are wider than others on my screen. Usually as I read, it all fits on the screen, but occasionally, one is wider and I have to use the scroll bar to see all of it. The most recent one I've noticed is the china pattern thread in the lounge. I was just wondering if others are experiencing this or if there's something I need to do to make this stop happening. I know it's minor, but it is a little annoying to have to scroll back and forth to read. Thanks for the help!

vikivoly
10-21-2003, 01:00 AM
I have been experiencing the same problem. I thought it was something I did.

Dyonia
10-21-2003, 01:21 AM
I've had the same problem... looks like an issue with text wrapping? Its nice to know its not my machine that's doing it :-)

houseof3boys
10-21-2003, 08:12 AM
Here too! It only happens occasionally though (like once a month) so it is not that annoying...

egoldber
10-21-2003, 09:17 AM
It usually happens when someone posts a long web link. Then the window gets wider to accommodate that link. (Although sometimes long web links get text wrapped, so it doesn't happen all the time.) Just a random glitch in the forum software, no doubt!

Rachels
10-23-2003, 07:47 AM
When you post a long link, try replacing it with something shorter using www.makeashorterlink.com or www.tinyurl.com . That will keep the message readable! :)

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02