PDA

View Full Version : Posts getting lost!

parkersmama
10-21-2003, 02:26 PM
Is anyone else having problems with their posts getting lost? Probably once or twice each time I'm going through the boards, I type out a reply to someone else's post and after I hit "post message" it goes back to the original post and my reply isn't there! Everything appears to be happening as normal but the post just doesn't appear! It's happened several times when I've typed a long reply and it's really irritating! I haven't found that it happens on any one particular forum or in replies to a particular person or anything like that. It appears to be truly random. Anyone have a solution?

egoldber
10-21-2003, 03:08 PM
This does happen to me occasionally, and seems to go in spurts.

Any thoughts?

sntm
10-21-2003, 03:29 PM
it's been happening a lot to me lately. particularly when i post from home.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

August Mom
10-21-2003, 03:32 PM
This has happened to me too. It is frustrating. I have no answers, though.

alkagift
10-21-2003, 03:35 PM
I've gotten into the habit now of selecting all the text of my post right before I send it (if it's long) and copying it--that way, if it's gone, all I have to do is repost and "paste" all the text in the block.

Allison
Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

vikivoly
10-21-2003, 05:58 PM
I've had that problem too, although not lately. It can be very frustrating. I thought it was just me!

houseof3boys
10-21-2003, 10:22 PM
Yup, it happened to me too. I think I will try Allison's suggestion and just copy it in case I need to repost!

parkersmama
10-28-2003, 02:47 PM
Well, I guess there's not a good solution then! I'm relieved to hear that it's not just me, though. (Sad, huh? I guess misery *does* love company!) I'm going to do the copying thing with long posts, too!

alandenisefields
10-28-2003, 10:44 PM
Well, we apologize for that! Not sure why that is happening. We'll take to the techs to see what is up. Meanwhile, we agree---if you write a LONG post, it would be wise to copy it FIRST before posting just to make sure you don't lose it.

Alan & Denise
authors