PDA

View Full Version : How about an edit option in the ratings

liya
11-09-2003, 01:44 AM
I dont know if it can be done but i get really mad when i press the button for the rating to go through and i then noticed that i didnt remember to check the positive and just left it in neutral..sigh..

I know i shouldnt be so scatteredbrained here but its a really easy thing to forget...Or maybe putting the positive, neutral and neg options in a page apart from the comments??!! Just throwing ideas here..LOL Im sure im not the only one this has happened too ;)

Rachels
11-09-2003, 08:30 AM
That would be great. Also, should someone who isn't accepting ratings be enabled to give them? I'd vote no. I've seen it misused, and since ratings are permanent, it's pretty unfortunate for the person involved.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

stillplayswithbarbies
11-09-2003, 11:04 AM
Honestly, I wish there were no ratings here at all. It fosters an environment that is too similar to a high school popularity contest. And now that we have people who have turned their ratings off, but are still rating others, that's just not fair.

The whole rating thing is so easily misused. Why do we even need it? Yeah, it's a nice little ego boost to see my number go up and read what someone has said about me. But I'm not sure that depending on that kind of validation is entirely a good thing anyway. :)

If we have something nice to say about someone, we can use email.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

momathome
11-09-2003, 11:33 AM
I agree wholeheartedly. I have allowed my feelings to get hurt by the lack of ratings I have received, despite the length of time I have been posting here. It has become a popularity contest and despite the fact that I know it is pointless to get worked up about it, it does become kind of a slap in the face after a while. I say, bye-bye ratings!!!
-Lauren

KimberleyDawn
11-09-2003, 10:16 PM
I'm turning my ratings option off and I hope others will follow along!
Kim

khakismom
11-09-2003, 10:51 PM
I also agree. And I have previously felt the same way you do Lauren, and still do from time to time (even though I feel like an idiot for thinking it). :)

Momof3Labs
11-09-2003, 11:30 PM
Lauren, I felt that way for a long time, too. Then I decided to actively leave ratings whenever it crossed my mind - and once I started leaving ratings for others, they started making a point to leave ratings for me when I helped them with something. Try it - you'll probably find that it is true for you, too!

Although I would have no problem with the rating system going away, either!

liya
11-10-2003, 02:06 AM
Oh I agree with the with the lack of rating things gals...Despite the time i have posted here at BBB i dont have as many ratings etc...BLA BLA BLA...I really just dont even care about it anymore..The other day i noticed my ratings go up from like an 8 to what it is now..LOL gulp i hadnt even cared to look anymore since there are no more stars(now those frustrated me big time)...LOL

Im guilty of being one of the those ppl who post the ratings whenever i remember i mean its been a LONG TIME since i posted any ratings at all...But yesterday while i was checking the ratings i have left(who i have who i havent..still missing ALOT) i noticed that i really dont look at the neutral, positive, negative etc....

I really dont care about the rating system either so if its removed that would be fine as well...

peanut4us
11-10-2003, 06:01 PM
I kind of like 'em. I like that there is a place where I get unsolicited feedback here. I'm not that thrilled with the fact that you are "rated" good bad or ugly... especially when it defaults to neutral. But I would still like to see a "snaps to me" kind of place. It's nice to have someone recognize your contributions.

And I've been in the same place as quite a few other folks when I thought "wah, why hasn't anyone rated me." But the ratings karma kicks in, when i give ratings, other folks rate me back. It's not a popularity thing for me, but a nice way to say... hey, thanks. I need you here! And it's different than sending someone an email... ratings are a quick way to just give a good pat on the back. For me anyway, writing an email sounds longer than I usually have. Just weighing in on the positive side.

But I would like to see either the default be positive... or the positive, neautral, negative thing go away and leave just plain old feedback. Hmmm, although it is nice sometimes when I see a post that I think I must be reading wrong because it is "wanky" to be able to view that person's ratings and confirm them for the troll that they are.

}(