PDA

View Full Version : Problems getting pm's or emails thru the boards...

amp
11-18-2003, 01:26 PM
Denise and Alan, I have had at least 2 occasions where someone sent me an email through the boards and I didn't get it, or a pm and I didn't get notified of it through email like I used to. I haven't changed anything, and have gotten emails or notices of pm's in the last month or so, but just had a problem in the last few days.

If I'm not mistaken, others might be having this same problem. I've noticed in several posts where someones says, "I send you a message, did you get it?" And the person replies that they did not get the message. Is there something that has changed recently that would be causing this? I will double check my own email address and preference for receiving notice of pm's just to make sure, but like I said, I haven't changed any of this.
Thanks!

wdland45
11-18-2003, 03:50 PM
You are right - I am having the same problems as well. Thanks for bringing this up.
Danielle, Mom to Alex, 12.03.01 and Brian, 7.27.03

jojo2324
11-18-2003, 06:06 PM
Yes, me too.

Also, do many of you check out the Lobby? Because that's where notification of new PMs are...I don't ever go there, so it might be months before I realize I have a message waiting for me. It used to be at the top of each "book."

KMommie
11-19-2003, 12:06 PM
I've had a slightly different problem. I haven't been able to receive any emails since the "upgrade". The way A&D explained it, it was a problem on my side, I think, was I had to close my current account and then activate a new one (they couldn't guarantee that it would work, but thought it should.) When I explained this to DH who has managed email servers for a living, he didn't understand why that would work, so I just ended up turning off my email. OR someone else who also wasn't getting ANY emails mentioned having to use an internet email account like Yahoo or Hotmail instead of their work email address. I don't know if this is a related issue or not.

On the other hand, I sent an email to someone a few weeks ago, no problem. She replied back, no problem. I replied again, and it took 12 days to get to her! Then she sent it to me this morning and there was no delay. Definitely some issues lurking around here.

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

amp
11-19-2003, 02:05 PM
Joanne - What!? I remember when the notification of a new pm was at the top of the page too. I didn't realize it was in the Lobby. Heck, I didn't even realize there was a Lobby! Eek! Anyway, I know I sent 2 emails from here about 3-4 wks ago and neither person got them. Then, someone sent me one recently through here and I never got it. I also found out by accident that I had a pm when I went to my inbox to look for an old message. I hadn't recieved any notification, whereas about 1-2 mths ago I received notification all the time. Then, when I saw others mentioning this in other thread and people saying they never got the message, I figured I couldn't be the only one having a problem.

Hope it's something that can be remedied.

pritchettzoo
11-19-2003, 02:56 PM
Me four! (Or five?)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

jojo2324
11-19-2003, 05:23 PM
I guess it isn't called the Lobby...But if you hit "top" next to whichever book you're in, it'll bring you there.

I have never gotten email notification of a PM, and I have that selected in my profile.