PDA

View Full Version : Working Mom and SAH Sections

Jen in Chicago
12-02-2003, 06:03 PM
There are a variety of concerns that each group has, so why not
have a place for each to post questions/concerns. I personally would use it for Daycare related questions, Pumping Questions related to work schedules,...

LD92599
12-03-2003, 07:33 AM
I would love a working mom section!!!

Laura
mom to William

Mommie2MadLyn
12-07-2003, 09:02 PM
I agree, it would be great to have a section to post concerns about daycare/time management/missing our little ones,etc.

Momof3Labs
12-07-2003, 09:19 PM
As a part time working mom (so also part time SAHM), I prefer not to see this division. Yes, there are definitely issues that affect each group, but they seem to be handled well on the Lounge and other boards right now. I hate to see when moms divide into two groups like that, rather than just being one big group of moms who support each other.

peanut4us
12-08-2003, 10:54 AM
I'm going with Lori on this one. I work fulltime at the office and I know that much of the work-related advice I have gotten is not just from current working moms, but now SAHMs who have been through it before.

Rachels
12-20-2003, 03:16 PM
I agree with Lori and Joey. I wouldn't like to see this split. I am home right now but may begin picking up a little work. No matter what my work hours, motherhood is and will always be my most important occupation. Reading the WOHM stuff helps me figure out when and whether to work, and the SAHM stuff is equally important. I don't want to have to go different places to read about what is-- for me-- a unified experience.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

alandenisefields
12-26-2003, 11:43 PM
We appreciate this discussion; I think we come down on the latter argument (not splitting). Since the main focus of these boards is baby products, I don't see that much difference between the concerns of moms who work outside the home and those that work at home---basically the same sets of issues.

So we'll leave that one for now,
Alan & Denise