PDA

View Full Version : Baby Bargains Book - version 5.1

12-29-2003, 02:27 PM
I bought my copy of Baby Bargains Book just last month (November 2003), and found out that there was a newer edition that just came out this month. I feel a little 'cheated', as my book was 'outdated' after less than one month.

Does anyone know if there's a policy where I can 'upgrade' my BBB version 5 to a version 5.1?

Gayletmomto4
01-08-2004, 04:15 PM
I don't know about an upgrade but I am with you on feeling cheated. I bought mine in May but would really like the 2004 stroller update and have to buy the new book to get it. I'm peeved that version 5 wasn't even good for a year!
Denise & Alan???

alandenisefields
01-09-2004, 07:28 PM
Hi folks! First, we do appreciate you reading our book, BABY BARGAINS.

Second, let's talk about these versions. We offer a full money back guarantee on any book we sell. So, readers are free to return the 5.0 book for a FULL refund of the cover price ($16.95) to the address in the back of the book. Then you can order 5.1 from our site or pick it up from a bookstore when it arrives later this month. We are one of very few publishers that offers such a guarantee.

Why do we update the book? Because our readers tell us they want the most updated info out there! When we publish a new edition (usually in April), that book contains the current year model info. Then, we typically have a chance to reprint the book late in the year---hence why we come out with a slightly revised version (in this case 5.1). It includes 2004 model info. Obviously, we didn't have that back in April.

We should point out that the ENTIRE book does NOT change when we reprint the book with a new version; what we are doing is slipping in 2004 model info especially as it applies to strollers and car seats. We also do spot updates in other chapters to reflect changes to cribs, monitors, etc. We realize this can be frustrating for readers who buy the 5.0 book right before the new version comes out.

We also try to put 2004 info on our web site, although we are behind in getting that latest update online. Again, this is a free service for our readers.

So, we want to apologize for any reader who feels cheated. All we try to do is provide the most up to date, current info on baby products!

Thanks again for reading our books,
--
Alan & Denise Fields, authors
BABY BARGAINS * BABY 411 * TODDLER BARGAINS * BRIDAL BARGAINS * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE
Web: www.windsorpeak.com.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 303-442-8792
Address: Windsor Peak Press, 436 Pine Street, Boulder, CO 80302

--
The readers speak! Check out our new message boards for our books at:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php

--
We have a brand new book for parents! It's called Baby 411---think of it as the ultimate FAQ for new moms and dads! Check it out here: http://www.Baby411.com

Gayletmomto4
01-09-2004, 11:36 PM
Denise & Alan,
Thanks for your prompt reply and the additional info.
I didn't know about the option of returning version 5.0 but think that this is a great service to offer to your readers. Also, it is good to know that the 2004 updates will be online at some point. I know that I am not alone when I say that I appreciate your excellent customer service!