PDA

View Full Version : AVATARS-Just wondering...do I dare ask?????

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-01-2004, 01:41 PM
I saw a site several weeks ago and for the life of me can not find it to share...but it was a mommy/daddy board and their "avatar" was a nice size picture that was actually right after the signiture. So a family picture could be there if more than one child etc...

Would such a critter cost you all more to have...is it even possible??? Since we are such a tight group here we really love pcitures and that might be a great way to really watch eachothers children grow...

Of course if a costly expense I understand it not being possible...but wondered...
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

starrynight
01-01-2004, 02:06 PM
I post on another board that allows pictures in your signature, the site doesn't charge us to have them but they limit the size etc because it does cost them. I have no idea bandwith etc costs so I wouldn't know how much. And when I had dialup it did cause somelag which can be a pain.

But it's also really nice to see everyone's kids and also fun to change them all the time. I always do something up in PSP for that site. :)

stillplayswithbarbies
01-05-2004, 04:52 PM
You can put a picture in your signature of any size you want, just like you can put a pic in a post by typing in the URL of the picture.

But one thing to consider is that people who are on dial up won't be able to read any threads that have posts by you in them because it takes so long to load a big picture.

I used to read the epregnancy boards, but the long sigs with pics and graphics took so long to load, and I am on DSL! Plus it was annoying to scroll through them over and over again to get to the next post.

But anyway, you can have a big pic in your sig if you want to, all you need to do is upload it somewhere and type the URL into your sig here.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03