PDA

View Full Version : Is there a problem with the server at windsorpeak????

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-09-2004, 04:08 PM
There have been several comments about how slow it is to pull up things lately!!! I know I have experienced this for about 4 days..a huge difference. We have high speed internet service but you wouldn't know it when I am on the boards here...

Just wondering if it had been mentioned...
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

mik8
01-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I thought something's wrong with our server. We also have a high speed connection and man, I tell you, it's like going back to the dial-up days or even worse.

amp
01-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Neve, same here. We have high speed internet on a cable modem and it usually moves so fast....but not the last couple of days!

alandenisefields
01-09-2004, 07:20 PM
Is this still happening? It appears the same here right now in Boulder, CO. Our server is based in TX.

So, we don't see any delays. But do report any server slowdowns and we'll ask our host what's up.

Alan & Denise

Melanie
01-10-2004, 04:19 AM
hhmmm...I'm in California and it's not been slow here...we have DSL.

sweetbasil
01-10-2004, 06:15 PM
I've noticed the longer threads have been slow to load, but the site itself has been okay for me....

mominjune
01-11-2004, 03:54 AM
I'm in Seattle with high speed cable modem and it's been fine. (I've been on lots the last week or two)

Just my 2 cents in figuring out if it's a regional issue.

pritchettzoo
01-12-2004, 08:34 PM
It's excrutiatingly slow here in Georgia, and I have a cable modem. Maybe it's the Southeast?

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-13-2004, 01:45 PM
but when it is slow it is REALLY slow...and I have been experiencing it again today.

I do not particpate in any other boards except I am a lurker of sorts on an adoption forum that I am not experiencing this with, and have not...

HTH,

Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

rorycam
01-13-2004, 01:47 PM
It is terribly slow for me, too, and I have cable internet and am in the midwest.

alandenisefields
01-13-2004, 02:11 PM
Thanks for letting us know.

If you find this is happening on your end (very slow reponse), send us an immediate email to [email protected]. That way we can trace the problem in real time. (By the time we read the boards, it might be a day or so later and the problem has evporated). We can run down the issue with our web site host to see if this is something we can fix! (Or it may be an internet traffic problem that we can't control, but if it is something on our side, we'll do our best to correct it!)

Alan & Denise

Melanie
01-14-2004, 09:25 PM
Maybe those of you who find it slow, when you do can also jump over to some bandwidth-hogging site (I can't think of one...maybe amazon?) to see if that is slow at the same time, as well.