PDA

View Full Version : new stroller "lifestyle" category needed - "The Dog Walker"

urquie
01-21-2004, 02:40 PM
I would like to request a new stroller "lifestyle" category for the sixth edition of Baby Bargains. I didn't quite fit into any of the categories and am sure there are others like me. I think I would put myself somewhere in between "Exercise This," "Green Acres," and "Mall Crawler"... more of a "Sometime Shopper, Dog Walker"

Until then, I would love recommendations for a sturdy stroller that would get a brisk 30-60 minute walk every day (on fairly smooth surfaces) with one hand holding a dog's leash and that would also go in and out of the car a couple times a week. Is there a perfect stroller out there for me? Thanks for any help! Urquie

yellowdogmom
01-21-2004, 04:25 PM
Ditto on the category suggestion!

Urique - we have a great hands-free leash for our dog. It is called the Buddy System and is online at www.buddysys.com We love it for hiking, walking, and running. We haven't tried it with a stroller yet since our child isn't here yet...but I think it will work great!

Oh, and our dog trainer recommended getting the pup used to walking with the stroller without the child in it since you don't know what their reaction to the big contraption will be - she said some dogs even want to "herd" the stroller! I can just imagine!

Best Wishes!

Rachels
01-21-2004, 04:47 PM
Try a P3! :)

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

nitaghei
01-21-2004, 05:08 PM
We've been using the Peg Pliko for mostly dog-walking, with a little mall-crawling, and it's held up very well.

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

Melanie
01-27-2004, 05:33 PM
That's a great idea! You must have a very well-behaved dog. =)

nitaghei
01-28-2004, 11:57 AM
This is so funny!! I also recommend getting the dogs used to the stroller before the baby comes (I used to be a volunteer instructor at my obedience club). But (shameful confession) I never did that with mine - in fact we bought a stroller when DS was 3 months old. But my dogs have never had any problems walking with the stroller - neither are herding breeds, and both are pretty intensively trained.

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

urquie
01-29-2004, 01:30 PM
Very good idea! Now we'll have to see what comes first, our baby or stroller:)

urquie
01-29-2004, 01:33 PM
Generally speaking, yes... unless he sees and squirrel or dog that he must investigate:)