PDA

View Full Version : Posts disappearing

Rachels
02-18-2004, 12:13 AM
This is getting worse and more frequent. Today, five of my posts have vanished as soon as I click Post. It has been happening for a while but seems to be picking up speed. Can you mention this to your team and see if anyone can fix this bug?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

brigmaman
02-18-2004, 09:18 AM
Many of us posted on a thread I started last week regarding disappearing posts. It seems to be happening more and more as you pointed out.

sugarsnappea
02-18-2004, 10:31 AM
Me too! It is hard enough to type one post with one hand. I just gave up thinking it was my computer. Thanks for bringing this up!

August Mom
02-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Yes. I'm still having this problem too.

jmofarrill
02-25-2004, 09:21 AM
I've been having this problem for a couple of months, actually. I'm having to either copy the text of my message or type my posts in Word just-in-case so that I don't lose them if my post disappears after I hit "Post Message". It's very frustrating.

Rachels
02-27-2004, 10:24 AM
Arrgh! I just lost a long one. Alan & Denise? Any idea what's happening?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

stillplayswithbarbies
02-28-2004, 03:07 AM
grrr why is it always the most complicated posts that get lost.

It seems to be getting worse.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

jmofarrill
02-28-2004, 11:45 PM
This *is* getting worse. I had six different posts disappear today after hitting submit. Fortunately I had copied the text before hitting submit so I was able to keep my message intact, but we really shouldn't have to do that. Most of the time, this seems to be a time issue; the longer I take before hitting submit, the greater the chances of the post not showing up. Of course, I've had posts disappear when I've only taken a few minutes to compose my message. ugh.

August Mom
02-29-2004, 12:28 AM
I agree. A lot of times the posts that disappear seem to be long ones (and hence ones that take more time to compose). I've also noticed an increased problem when I put hyperlinks in the posts. However, this is not universally true as I lost a post today that was short and had no links. Very strange and VERY frustrating.

luvbeinmama
02-29-2004, 01:42 AM
I am wondering about this... You all seem to be having problems with the really long posts, right? I know when I take a long time to type up a reply, the system often will sign me out. Then I have to hit the "back" button to get back to the "typing in your post" page, copy the text, log back in, go back to the message and reply again and paste in the stuff I had typed. Then everything goes just fine. I have never had a post get lost in cyberspace. I do NOT have the "keep me logged in" checked at the sign-in screen either. I'm wondering if you all do have that checked and the system is sort of signing you out when you are composing your reply? And then the post is sort of lost even though the system keeps you signed in or re-does your sign-in automatically when you start browsing again?

Just a thought.

jmofarrill
02-29-2004, 01:51 AM
I do have the "keep me logged in" option on, so the system shouldn't be trying to sign me out. Most times after seeing that my message did not post, I can go back to the previous page and my message will still be on the screen where I typed it, but other times it's gone. It isn't always the long messages, either. Today, it took three trys in a row to get one of my messages to post to a thread. Very frustrating. I work off of several computers, and I have duplicated this bug at all of them - PC and Apple alike.

alandenisefields
03-01-2004, 02:43 PM
Hi folks. We will ask the tech guys at the software company that wrote the board script if they can look into this. Not sure why it is happening. We do apologize and will try to get it fixed.

--
Alan & Denise Fields, authors
BABY BARGAINS * BABY 411 * TODDLER BARGAINS * BRIDAL BARGAINS * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE
Web: www.windsorpeak.com.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 303-442-8792
Address: Windsor Peak Press, 436 Pine Street, Boulder, CO 80302

--
The readers speak! Check out our new message boards for our books at:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php

--
We have a brand new book for parents! It's called Baby 411---think of it as the ultimate FAQ for new moms and dads! Check it out here: http://www.Baby411.com

alandenisefields
03-01-2004, 10:58 PM
Okay, we've got a fix for this. We are upgrading the boards to a later version of the software that will fix this bug! So, the disappearing posts should not be a problem.

Once we upgrade this (by Thursday March 4), clear out your cookies for this board and that should fix the problem!

Alan & Denise