PDA

View Full Version : Co-op directory

s7714
02-20-2004, 01:04 AM
It seems like there are a lot of co-ops frequented by our various members, including many that are started by BBB users because of a large BBB member following. I would like to see a directory or someplace where all the co-ops could be listed, maybe with a short description and a contact. I'm sure there are a lot of co-ops out there that people would love to participate in if they only knew they existed. This way all the co-ops could be easily viewed at a glance, without searching through hundreds of old posts looking for a lost link or thread.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03

stillplayswithbarbies
02-21-2004, 05:14 PM
The problem with that is that most co-ops need to operate under the radar. Many manufacturers do not allow co-ops, so the person running it has to pretend that they have a real store somewhere in order to place the order.

If there was an easy to find list of co-ops then the manufacturers could find it as well and shut them down.

This is why co-ops usually operate in secret and you have to know someone who knows someone in order to get in.

Not all co-ops are that way. Some of them are sanctioned by the manufacturer. But of all the co-ops I have belonged to, I only know of two that were sanctioned, and one of those I am not entirely certain of.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

s7714
02-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Interesting! Thanks for the info. I had no idea that co-ops weren't allowed by manufacturers usually. Guess a list isn't a good idea then! :)

Thanks,
Jennifer
Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03