PDA

View Full Version : additions to next issue

McCabe1_0
02-21-2004, 02:12 AM
Just a two things...hope you haven't heard these a million times already.
I just bought the 5.1 version for my sister-in-law and was suprised to see Old Navy missing from the maternity wear section. When I was pregnant last year it was my saving grace. After major sticker shock at places like A Pea in the Pod, and being frightened by ugly sacks and leggings at Motherhood Maternity outlets I was so impressed by Old Navy. I did all my ordering online (there weren't many stores carrying the line then) and found the sizes to be very true. It was nice because the clothes were just like my regular clothes (I am of the Gap and Bananna Republic generation) but cut to fit my expanding belly. And the best part, decent prices. Hard to beat.

Second...I have seen what looks like a really cool bike trailer/stroller/cross country ski sled at REI. It is called The Chariot. I would love to see your review in the 6.0 version. I am in the market for a multi-use trailer, am willing to spend the $$ but want it to be good quality.

Martha
mommy to Will 8-23-03

amp
02-21-2004, 11:40 AM
I second the Old Navy maternity clothing. I didn't wear a lot of it, but loved the 2 shirts and pair of jeans I had from them. I also *loved* my Land's End maternity!

trumansmom
02-21-2004, 03:49 PM
I want to second the Land's End maternity! Their clothes truly feel more like my non-maternity style. As a more "mature" mom (okay, really I'm just old! :) ), I often feel too trendy in a lot of the brands out there. I wear a lot of LE when I'm not pregnant, so it's nice to look like "me" as much as possible - even when I waddle!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

egoldber
02-21-2004, 05:04 PM
Just FYI, bike trailers are reviewed in the Toddler Bargains book. They are not usually recommended for kids under 1, so I think the Fields put them in the Toddler Bargains book for that reason.

HTH,

Janet S.
02-24-2004, 09:54 AM
Heck, my favorite "maternity" clothes were just regular Old Navy clothes. I'm not one of those women who blossomed into a whopping size 6 in the third trimester. I'm an XL normally and I wore non-maternity XL Old Navy clothes all throughout my pregnancy. My absolute favorites were the Old Navy yoga pants. I have them in every color available. I wore them from before I was showing til the day I strolled into the maternity ward to be induced. Even better, they have a drawstring and didn't bag out so I can still wear them today (and I'm nearly 50 lbs lighter).

alandenisefields
04-24-2004, 01:44 PM
You're right---we goofed and missed that one. We will add it into the next edition! As always, we appreicate this feedback.

Yes--bike trailers are in the TODDLER BARGAINS book as they are not recommended for babies/infants. It is more of a toddler topic, hence the location. Next time, we plan to put a mention in the BABY BARGAINS book as to what topics are covered in TODDLER BARGAINS so folks can figure that out!

--
Alan & Denise Fields, authors
BABY BARGAINS * BABY 411 * TODDLER BARGAINS