PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing posts !!!!!!! Please fix it!

stillplayswithbarbies
03-26-2004, 12:02 PM
Alan and Denise, the problems with disappearing posts is still here. I just typed a long response in the feeding forum to the "First Time Mom Needs BF / Pumping Advice" and it never showed up! I spent a good hour working on that post and I am ticked off that it isn't there.

It seems like any post that takes a long time to compose, or if you start a post and get distracted and go back to finish it, that is when it does not post.

Please please get the programmers to look at this. I am so discouraged right now about this, I am ready to post just one liners from now on. arrrghh.

edited to add:
This post didn't post the first time! I was able to use my back button to get to it and submit it again, but that doesn't always work.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Rachels
03-26-2004, 03:22 PM
Yep. Any post that takes more than a minute or so to write disappears. Very frustrating.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mamicka
04-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Happened to me today as well. Very annoying, especially when time to post is limited with all the little rugrats.
Thanks!
Allison

August Mom
04-21-2004, 07:12 PM
It happened to me today.

alandenisefields
04-23-2004, 07:59 PM
We apologize for this folks. We will ask the programmer to fix that ASAP.

Meanwhile, as a stop gap, we suggest all users compose long posts in a word processing program and then cut/paste them to the post window here. Especially for long posts, you'd have a back up in case that happens.

Again, we're sorry and we'll get to work on it!

--
Alan & Denise Fields, authors
BABY BARGAINS * BABY 411 * TODDLER BARGAINS * BRIDAL BARGAINS * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE
Web: www.windsorpeak.com.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 303-442-8792
Address: Windsor Peak Press, 436 Pine Street, Boulder, CO 80302

--
The readers speak! Check out our new message boards for our books at:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php

--
We have a brand new book for parents! It's called Baby 411---think of it as the ultimate FAQ for new moms and dads! Check it out here: http://www.Baby411.com

Rachels
04-23-2004, 08:34 PM
It also works to click edit and copy before posting, so that you can just go back and repost if need be. But thanks for checking into this! Let us know what your programmers say.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

californiamom
06-02-2004, 12:06 PM
This just happened to me a couple of days ago. I did copy the content of my message just in case and went back and tried to post it again but it didn't work. I tried 3 times, but my message never showed up! :-(

Ana