PDA

View Full Version : Kidbargains Book?

redhookmom
05-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Is there a Kidbargains book in the works??

alandenisefields
05-04-2004, 01:35 PM
Not yet! But thanks for asking!

--
Alan & Denise Fields, authors
BABY BARGAINS * BABY 411 * TODDLER BARGAINS * BRIDAL BARGAINS * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE

MartiesMom2B
05-11-2004, 08:28 AM
"Not yet?" Does that mean it could be a possibility in the future?

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

alandenisefields
05-12-2004, 12:21 PM
We never say never---but right now, we are concentrating on the BABY and TODDLER BARGAINS books.

Something we might do in the near future: enabling readers to buy chapters/special reports on certain topics from our books. Say you just need the car seat chapter; or you want the info on high chairs. We hope that we could soon make that content available via a download for a small price (think the price of a single from Apple's iTunes versus an entire CD). We already have been experimenting with this for our booster seat report you can download, although we'd like the price to be lower.

If that effort is successful, we could some day soon do bargain topic "special reports" on more kids bargain topics.

What do you think?

Alan & Denise

holliam
05-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Thanks for sharing your ideas with us!

The thing that I've noticed is that TONS of my friends have your BB book but have never been to this website. These are people who go online all the time, and I've even told them about it (even though it's in the book) and they don't realize what all is here. They just assume that they have the book so that's all they need. I think even in this day and age, many people really love having access to the book. I see people with it under their arm in every baby store I go into.

So, you might not reach everyone like you do with the books. I admit I was hoping you'd do a kids one too.. thinking you'll do them as your kids hit all the major stages. ;)

Holli

mharling
05-12-2004, 02:04 PM
I think that's a great idea. I haven't purchased Toddler Bargains yet (shame on me!), but have started researching bike trailers. I would have loved to be able to go to your site and download info specific to that vs. waiting for a book to arrive.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
[link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday Pics!!]

alandenisefields
05-13-2004, 01:08 PM
Well, that's very nice---we are happy to hear your friends have the book!

Yes, you are right; some folks never come to the web site. That's OK; we realize some will always like having a printed book to take with them. The electronic downloads will not replace printed books; just be an additional way to get the content.

The electronic content (chapters, etc) will also help us test out which topics folks really want; that may help us create a book later that is more helpful!

alan & denise