PDA

View Full Version : Idea for next issue - photos/portraits

JennyLynn
05-05-2004, 12:38 PM
New parents are inundated with coupons for portraits from Sears, JCPenney, Wal-Mart, etc. I would like to see reviews of costs/policies/customer service/hidden fees, etc. with each studio!

Jenny

amp
05-05-2004, 01:34 PM
I would have liked this when I first started considering getting portraits made. Unfortunately, I don't think it would be that easy. Prices vary and change, and I know I ALWAYS use a coupon at Target, so to me it's like the normal price, except it's not. And, you will find, if you do a search on these boards, that one person's experience at Target or The Picture People is fabulous, while the next is horrible! I think it varies so much from location to location and photographer to photographer that it would not be a very informative section.

That said, giving info regarding general pricing policies and what hidden costs there are, who has a plan you must buy and who doesn't, who charges sitting fees, whether you get your pics that day or in 3 weeks, and basic quality of pics would be helpful.

alandenisefields
05-06-2004, 12:34 PM
Good idea; we agree---perhaps we can provide some general consumer tips on this subject. And do a chart that compares the basics (prices, sitting fees, time to get pics) among the major providers. We would agree that trying to quality-rate the options, however, would be hard given the vast differences from location to location even with the same chain.

So, bottom line---great idea! We will try to do something on this for the next editon.

--
Alan & Denise Fields
authors, BRIDAL BARGAINS