PDA

View Full Version : Carriers - include more info, there are better options than the Bjorn

veekasaurus
05-18-2004, 03:19 AM
First, I'll say that I love your book and have used it for all my baby purchases so far. My son is 8 1/2 months.

One section that could be expanded and improved is the section on baby carriers. Most of the mainstream carriers are mentioned, but there are many more options. A comprehensive list with reviews can be found on www.babywearer.com. Check out the Kozy Carrier, Ergo, Hotsling, etc.

Many of the carriers reviewed on the babywearer website are not as mainstream as the Bjorn, but are MUCH more comfortable and affordable. The Bjorn seems to work well for a small baby, but once they hit the 15 pound mark, it really becomes quite uncomfortable, straining the back and shoulders. This is my opinion of the old and the new Active Bjorn and all the new moms I've met had the same experience. There is also the issue of the baby being suspended by the crotch and the impact on the spine - I wish I'd known about that school of thought prior to using it.

Other than that, love the book!

alandenisefields
05-21-2004, 10:19 PM
You are right! We need to expand that section; watch for more carrier reviews in the next edition!

Thanks for taking the time to write,
--
Alan & Denise Fields, authors
BABY BARGAINS * BABY 411 * TODDLER BARGAINS

--
We have a brand new book for parents! It's called Baby 411---think of it as the ultimate FAQ for new moms and dads! Check it out here: http://www.Baby411.com